More bonuses for SprintPCS Executives

We already know about the bonuses of 30 times salary paid to Lauer,
but yesterday Sprint issued 39,700,000 additional shares of stock,
to be given as "Incentives" to Executives. Thats about 500 shares each
if it were evenly distributed to all 65,000 employees, or ~$9,000 worth
of stock each.

It was duly filed with a Form 8-S with the SEC on May 20, 2004

http://www.sprint.com/sprint/ir/sec/

This dilutes the value of Sprint stock about 2%.

I wonder if any Sprint employee that posts here got a bonus last year,
or is now receiving a grant of stock.

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in

> I wonder if any Sprint employee that posts here got a bonus last
> year, or is now receiving a grant of stock.

Nope.

In article <Xns94F03C376EBC5help.pcs@news5.west.earthlink.net>,
Just trying to help <help_pcs@netzero.net> wrote:

> "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > I wonder if any Sprint employee that posts here got a bonus last
> > year, or is now receiving a grant of stock.
>
> Nope.

You speaking for yourself, or all the "Indians"?

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in news:rmarkoff-
377768.08164321052004@news1.west.earthlink.net:

> You speaking for yourself, or all the "Indians"?

Me.

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We already know about the bonuses of 30 times salary paid to Lauer,
> but yesterday Sprint issued 39,700,000 additional shares of stock,
> to be given as "Incentives" to Executives. Thats about 500 shares each
> if it were evenly distributed to all 65,000 employees, or ~$9,000 worth
> of stock each.
>
> It was duly filed with a Form 8-S with the SEC on May 20, 2004
>
> http://www.sprint.com/sprint/ir/sec/
>
> This dilutes the value of Sprint stock about 2%.
>
> I wonder if any Sprint employee that posts here got a bonus last year,
> or is now receiving a grant of stock.

You didn't read very much of the filing, did you? The filings on the 19th
are amendments to previously filed registrations that dealt with PCS stock.
The amendments were filed to convert those registrations to FON stock. One
of the registrations was for the Employee Stock Purchase Program, which is
open to all employees. And if you had read further, you would have also
recognized that many of the executive shares mentioned are being offered as
options, not ouright gifts. This is not the cash cow you are projecting it
to be.

In article <Xns94F0C501A61EChelp.pcs@news3.west.earthlink.net>,
Just trying to help <help_pcs@netzero.net> wrote:

> "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in news:rmarkoff-
> 377768.08164321052004@news1.west.earthlink.net:
>
> > You speaking for yourself, or all the "Indians"?
>
> Me.

I think its disgraceful for then to pull this Enronesque stunt of
rewarding themselves with stock grants worth in the 9 figures.

Røbert M <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in news:rmarkoff-
5284DA.09561522052004@news5.west.earthlink.net:

> I think its disgraceful for then to pull this Enronesque stunt of
> rewarding themselves with stock grants worth in the 9 figures.

I agree but then again, it isn't just happening at Sprint.

In article <Xns94F1554A1E81Ehelp.pcs@news2.west.earthlink.net>,
Just trying to help <help_pcs@netzero.net> wrote:

> Røbert M <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in news:rmarkoff-
> 5284DA.09561522052004@news5.west.earthlink.net:
>
> > I think its disgraceful for then to pull this Enronesque stunt of
> > rewarding themselves with stock grants worth in the 9 figures.
>
> I agree but then again, it isn't just happening at Sprint.

The lamest apology I have ever heard. Enron did it, MCI did it, so its
not so bad if Sprint does it?

Raiding the company to put $700,000,000 in Executives pockets
may be legal, but is hardly right.

> The lamest apology I have ever heard. Enron did it, MCI did it, so
> its not so bad if Sprint does it?
>
> Raiding the company to put $700,000,000 in Executives pockets
> may be legal, but is hardly right.

Who's apologizing? I'm certainly not. However, what happens at the top
rungs of any corporation happens. And there's not much the worker
drones can do..

In article <u6Odnaq_crlvMjLdRVn-tA@adelphia.com>,
"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:

> "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > We already know about the bonuses of 30 times salary paid to Lauer,
> > but yesterday Sprint issued 39,700,000 additional shares of stock,
> > to be given as "Incentives" to Executives. Thats about 500 shares each
> > if it were evenly distributed to all 65,000 employees, or ~$9,000 worth
> > of stock each.
> >
> > It was duly filed with a Form 8-S with the SEC on May 20, 2004
> >
> > http://www.sprint.com/sprint/ir/sec/
> >
> > This dilutes the value of Sprint stock about 2%.
> >
> > I wonder if any Sprint employee that posts here got a bonus last year,
> > or is now receiving a grant of stock.
>
> You didn't read very much of the filing, did you? The filings on the 19th
> are amendments to previously filed registrations that dealt with PCS stock.
> The amendments were filed to convert those registrations to FON stock. One
> of the registrations was for the Employee Stock Purchase Program, which is
> open to all employees. And if you had read further, you would have also
> recognized that many of the executive shares mentioned are being offered as
> options, not ouright gifts. This is not the cash cow you are projecting it
> to be.

Its hard to tell till next March when Sprint tells about the grants made
in 2004.

Lauer did already get a cash bonus of 30x his salary, when none of the
employees posting here got any bonus? A bonus for having Sprint PCS
still losing money.

> In article <u6Odnaq_crlvMjLdRVn-tA@adelphia.com>,
> "Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:
>

> > "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > We already know about the bonuses of 30 times salary paid to Lauer,
> > > but yesterday Sprint issued 39,700,000 additional shares of stock,
> > > to be given as "Incentives" to Executives. Thats about 500 shares each
> > > if it were evenly distributed to all 65,000 employees, or ~$9,000
worth
> > > of stock each.
> > >
> > > It was duly filed with a Form 8-S with the SEC on May 20, 2004
> > >
> > > http://www.sprint.com/sprint/ir/sec/
> > >
> > > This dilutes the value of Sprint stock about 2%.
> > >
> > > I wonder if any Sprint employee that posts here got a bonus last year,
> > > or is now receiving a grant of stock.
> >
> > You didn't read very much of the filing, did you? The filings on the
19th
> > are amendments to previously filed registrations that dealt with PCS
stock.
> > The amendments were filed to convert those registrations to FON stock.
One
> > of the registrations was for the Employee Stock Purchase Program, which
is
> > open to all employees. And if you had read further, you would have also
> > recognized that many of the executive shares mentioned are being offered
as
> > options, not ouright gifts. This is not the cash cow you are projecting
it
> > to be.
>
> Its hard to tell till next March when Sprint tells about the grants made
> in 2004.
>

> Lauer did already get a cash bonus of 30x his salary, when none of the
> employees posting here got any bonus? A bonus for having Sprint PCS
> still losing money.

Not hard to tell anything- its all laid out in the SEC filings. Why don't
you admit that your initial claim was wrong?