more fans = more temps???

Stelios Mappouras

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
hey guys,
i recently added 6 fans to my build (arctic cooling f12 tc) 2 front and one bottom intakes, 2 top and 1 rear as exhausts... instead of reducing the temps of gpu and cpu, i have 3 more degrees on gpu at full load. my previous setup was just one rear exhaust.
why is this happening??? how can i fix it?
thanks in advance

Solution
Maybe the config is, counterintuitively, creating less airflow over the gpus heatsink. - Gpu fan draws air in and now theres a low pressure spot in that specific area thus handicapping the fan > less air for the heatsink.

More fans isnt always better. get back to basics

Nickolie

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
Hi,

Are all the fans fitted correctly? It sounds to me like you have fans that are bringing air in but nothing taking air out.

It might be worth having fans that are closer to the GPU to remove air and the top ones as intake fans to get circulation going.

Hope this helps.

fredfinks

Honorable
Maybe the config is, counterintuitively, creating less airflow over the gpus heatsink. - Gpu fan draws air in and now theres a low pressure spot in that specific area thus handicapping the fan > less air for the heatsink.

More fans isnt always better. get back to basics

Solution

Nickolie

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008

GPU fan draws air in (I originally thought it blew hot air out for some reason) so have an intake fan near your GPU and an exhaust fans at the top of your case.

As mentioned by Fredfinks, more fans doesn't necessarily mean it'll be cooler.

fredfinks

Honorable

Oh i meant it draws air in towards and over the heatsink, not - air into the case from the outside.

Back to basics, i mean go back to the original config and adding a fan here nad there , testing as you go.

Stelios Mappouras

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015

i did this, still no better results :S

If you can't do it, should we unselect the solution? As a test disconnect the front fans and the top fans; then try to find the combination that provides the best cooling results. A side fan (if supported by your case) should really help to cool the GPU.