scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
new cpu.... i want to support amd so thats what it'll have to beh

athlon 64 3200+ ok? with which mobo? or should i wait on it for some new shizle? vid card se gonna be 9800 pro, good? fanks

any ideas are welcome

</font color=red><font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.lochel.com" target="_new"><font color=red>www.lochel.com</A>

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
nforce 3 or VIA... i thought there was a test done on these chipsets on toms, no?

</font color=red><font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.lochel.com" target="_new"><font color=red>www.lochel.com</A>

Carnivore

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2004
ASUS KV8 Deluxe, and Abit KV8 Max3 are both solid boards and sell for around 130-150 US. I have a KV8 Deluxe and it has been a solid performer.

Pedro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2004
Check this:
<A HREF="http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=496" target="_new">http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=496</A>

Off topic, I always wonder about your red color (on your name). Are you a moderator?

SpaceDonkey

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004
No man, he has just been nominated the dumbest poster of THGC, and to warn other users of his unmatched foolishness, the admins thought it would be wise to put his name in red, like a warning light.

---------------------------------------------------
I am severly limited in what my mind can perceive.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
no, i'm not a mod. Fredi, the mod, gave it to me. he is the one with the red color though. he let me choose mine so i picked copper.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
These guys are mostly idiots. Read the nForce3 250 review at Anandtech. Notice it's far superior to anything on current boards. I mean, light years ahead of that crap. Anyone who's recommending nForce3 150 or VIA chipset boards doesn't deserve the opportunity to speak in this fine forum.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Give it up crash, yes nforce 250 is superior. but seeing it was not around in the past the nforce 150 and via boards put plenty of more expensive intel comututer setups to shame.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Did I ever tell you to give up on AMD and go Intel? No, I said the boards were junk, which they were. And now that you have a choice, you can cry over spilled milk, but I doubt anyone but me is listening.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
So by that reasoning the only logical choice prior to the nforce 250 was p4ee or athlon xp.

Nope wrong again crash the a64 offerd plenty prior to the nforce250.

Please don't start your petty aurguments again about how you so hate via from the past and nforce150 only uses a 600 hypertransport. it gets boring.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Petty? You're the one saying you'd rather have the fastest chip on a crappy platform than a reasonably fast chip on a full-featured nForce2 platform. You're the one ready to abandon quality in the search for a small performance gain.

A few months ago the P4 C's were an OK choice at the top end, but overpriced. As Athlon prices fell, P4 prices could no longer be justified for the majority of users. And now you're crying because the nForce3 250 makes all those old trashy platforms look like the trash I said they were from the outset. Wah, give it up, you've always been completely wrong about everything.

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Crash you make mountains out of mole hills. Nforce150 and the via boards can be full featured, the pci lock you brought up previosly might be an issue on some nforce150 boards when overclocking but you are always looking for excuses. No one and I mean no one is argueing nforce250 should be a better setup.

But your endless bias made it look like PRIOR to the nforce250 it was athlonxp or intel or junk. anthlonxp cause it's cheap intel cause it's superior.

Christ crash just imagine if you put half that frigging effort into making intel look bad.

You just don't seem to get it.

Era

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2001
HardwareBoss:
I'm listening to you Crash. But it's the Amd crowd or a few trolls who don't listen.
--
Now who is the troll. DUMMY!

Crash, keep it coming by all means, but stay in line. Please.

MSI KT133 user. Still using it. Yes,I'm not proud of it , but it still works.
Amen.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
HardwareBoss:
I'm listening to you Crash. But it's the Amd crowd or a few trolls who don't listen.
--
Now who is the troll. DUMMY!
ROFLMAO

not only i get me questions answered, but also a good laugh

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
nforce 250 it is... now i just got to wait

some real nice features!

SoDNighthawk

Splendid
Nov 6, 2003
Scamy you in the CPU forum wonders will never cease :)

Yes got the latest ASUS KV board it supports DUAL channel memory for the new 64 that was a problem when the CPU first came out no one had a board that supported Dual channel memory for the new CPU from everything I have read the ASUS board is working best with the new 64's

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
A7N8X Deluxe
Liquid 12 Celsius
2x512 Crucial DDR 400 PC3200
GeForce FX5900
Two Maxtor 40Gig 8MB cach 7200rpm
SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
SONY DVD 16x/40x

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
dood i used to hang out here all the time. then came the flame wars and off I went.

anyway, i'll be getting the nforce 250 as soon as its out.... erm or wait till it.. i don't know
bahhhh

Era

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2001
What is this about nforce 250. Does it have sound(Dolby ???), ethernet, WiFi?

Or is it just it's 2% faster then the others?
More reliable?That might be,think VIA's history.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, prior to the nForce3 250 your choices were AXP, P4, or junk, exempting the budget 755-A and super high priced K8USA, both of which I'm unfamiliar with. Now we all get good choices.

Dude, you could have bought a Dell, and get as many BIOS options as previous A64 boards offered.