More Leaked Photos of BlackBerry Z10 Surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
What I miss most about my old Blackberry was that it never had any problems opening various windows office files. At that time Android didn't do that so well, but now it works okay most of the time. Still though, their app selection was horrible and I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

It's really sad, because in so many ways Blackberry phones were great in many areas, but they really need to open up to the Android market if they want any kind of future. Until their phones are running Android I wouldn't consider buying one.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
^^ Definitely true, but which is worse...lose your edge in security or go out of business?

I guess I'm a bit of an optimist with the hope that Android can beef up their security and office productivity to the point that an Android Blackberry phone might make sense. But probably what will end up happening is Blackberry leaves the consumer market and just sticks to working directly with businesses, or at least the ones left that still buy their phones.

G

otacon72 01/05/2013 10:50 PM
Hide
-0+

aaron88_7 :
What I miss most about my old Blackberry was that it never had any problems opening various windows office files. At that time Android didn't do that so well, but now it works okay most of the time. Still though, their app selection was horrible and I can't imagine it's gotten any better. It's really sad, because in so many ways Blackberry phones were great in many areas, but they really need to open up to the Android market if they want any kind of future. Until their phones are running Android I wouldn't consider buying one.

RIM will never put Android on any of their devices..too many security issues. They'd lose all their security ratings.

You have got to be the dumbest apple troll I have ever met! US government chose android over apple because android is more secure.

boulbox

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
[citation][nom]otacon72knowssquat[/nom]otacon72 01/05/2013 10:50 PMHide-0+aaron88_7 :What I miss most about my old Blackberry was that it never had any problems opening various windows office files. At that time Android didn't do that so well, but now it works okay most of the time. Still though, their app selection was horrible and I can't imagine it's gotten any better. It's really sad, because in so many ways Blackberry phones were great in many areas, but they really need to open up to the Android market if they want any kind of future. Until their phones are running Android I wouldn't consider buying one.RIM will never put Android on any of their devices..too many security issues. They'd lose all their security ratings. You have got to be the dumbest apple troll I have ever met! US government chose android over apple because android is more secure.[/citation]

Not always true, the phone is only as stupid as the person who is using it, if you download something stupid then who's fault is it that gave the phone a virus?

NewbieTechGodII

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
1 minute IS fast compared to older models...my Tour would take almost 10 minutes to get to a usable state.

Alas, it's too late for me; I already updated to WP8, and while I miss some of the features my Tour has, I ain't looking back.

[citation][nom]meiklas19889[/nom]FreeLander PD80 Tablet PC-Buy Freelander PD80 Android 4.0 RK3066 9.7 Inch IPS Screen 16GB Bluetooth HDMI Camera Tablet PC!The best!Authentic! The absolute lowest price! Not to be missed! New Year gift! **************[/citation]
Hahahaha The spammers at least spam about hardware now.

G

They do have an Android Player on these phones and the Player is up to date with at least with Gingerbread. So, uhm, yeah, it is supposed to run apps 'recompiled for android player' which is supposedly just a signature after run through their verifier. I haven't gotten all of the details yet.
Still, if they are going to roll out with 70,000 BB10 apps in the beginning, Native Aps, then i'm very interested.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]Hahahaha The spammers at least spam about hardware now.[/citation]

Yea not shoes, or someone's job doing... I don't know, something at home for whatever amount an hour.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72knowssquat[/nom]You have got to be the dumbest apple troll I have ever met! US government chose android over apple because android is more secure.[/citation]
How's junior high?

G

No trolling here, it looks like a large iPhone, if it wasn't for that Blackberry logo where the home button is placed....

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Okay.... considering how Apple has gone after Samsung for phones that DON'T LOOK ANYTHING like the damn iPhones or iPads... RIM is making phones that look EXACTLY like the iphone4 from the front? Other than the logo / lack of the HOME button... at a glance, you wouldn't know... especially of the bottom was covered.

I think a letter from Apple would be enough to put RIM out of business.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]1 minute is slow? Some of you people scare me...[/citation]

Compared to Android 4.1 on my Atrix... 1 minutes is a very long time. I've only re-booted my phone 4~5 times in the past 4 months (2 updates) and I think it takes about 30 seconds. Much faster than my old Samsung GS1 which was over a minute. That guy posting about 10 minutes? Holy smokes!

G

@Belardo
...That guy posting about 10 minutes? Holy smokes!

Almost the same time as my BB Playbook...The first time i cold started it i tough it was bricked....

Status
Not open for further replies.