More overclocking with MSI Afterburner

whichmain

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
I want to overclock my GT 640M LE. I installed MSI Afterburner 4.2.0. I can Overclock GPU clock up to 135Mhz. But I want to overclock more. I changed the config like this:
UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 2
I tried to set it to 1. But no change and it still limited to 135Mhz. Any solutions?

Solution

Now things are really confusing. What "graphic problem"? Why are you trying to force it to run faster at a higher temperature? If it's lowering speed, it's to keep the card and other parts from getting damaged from too much heat. Is that what you mean by the "problem"? That it's turning down speed when it gets too hot? That's not a problem that...
640m is a mobile card, 3 things here. Mobile video cards don't act the same was as desktop cards, you won't get enough of a benefit to make it worth risking damage to it, laptops are not made to overclock unless you are talking about the top of the line ones.

whichmain

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
I want to overclock to solve my graphic problem. GT 640m le default clock is 500Mhz. But it underclock to ~120Mhz when the graphic temp go over 70c. When the graphic underclocked , I set the MSI Afterburner overclock to +135. and the graphic clock go about ~150Mhz. I need to set clock higher to get the standard 500Mhz. No risk. Can other graphic overclocking program overclock more?

Now things are really confusing. What "graphic problem"? Why are you trying to force it to run faster at a higher temperature? If it's lowering speed, it's to keep the card and other parts from getting damaged from too much heat. Is that what you mean by the "problem"? That it's turning down speed when it gets too hot? That's not a problem that is what it should be doing.

The reason you can't go higher is probably not due to the software but because you are dealing with a laptop video card.

You can try EVGA Precision or Rivaturner.

Solution