[SOLVED] More ping in my town than other country's

Apr 2, 2020
HI I've been experiencing this problem since I've moved. I used to have a fiber network. But where i am now there is no fiber network. And i checked my internet using Speedtest.net and when i chose a location in my town the ping was 140-200 and in a different country i got 70-80. Is this fixable? If so any information will be appreciated

Solution
Ok.
Here we encounter a software problem.

First of all are you sure that there is not any sort of vpn active on your desktop computer and there is not any sort of active download/upload on your pc?(check via task manager)

If you do so follow these instructions to remove any sort of minipoint or vpn.

1. Head to the VPN tab in windows settings and uncheck all the options

2. head to the network adapters and disable any other adapters rather than your Main one you are connected to it.

3. right click your Main adapter in the adapters page and click properties. Find the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4). Check it then click the properties and set the ip settings on automatic.

like the pictures below...
HI I've been experiencing this problem since I've moved. I used to have a fiber network. But where i am now there is no fiber network. And i checked my internet using Speedtest.net and when i chose a location in my town the ping was 140-200 and in a different country i got 70-80. Is this fixable? If so any information will be appreciated
Are there other locations in your town that you can choose? Its possible that the location you choose just has slow servers.

It could be as simple as your ISP does not have a cross connection other ISP in the city you are testing in. Internet traffic still is very dependent on your ISP it does not necessarily have access to the best paths everywhere. Let say you have ISP1 and your neighbor has ISP2 and you live say in chicago. Your ISP is very cheap and the only place it connects to other ISP is austrilia. So for your traffic to go across the street it has to go all the way to austrilia and back.

This tends to be why some of the larger ISP cost much more money. They have much better connectivity to the internet than a small ISP. Even though what people call the "internet" really is the inter connectivity of 4 or 5 of the largest ISP. Almost every other isp pays to connect to one of these larger ones.

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
Ok.
Here we encounter a software problem.

First of all are you sure that there is not any sort of vpn active on your desktop computer and there is not any sort of active download/upload on your pc?(check via task manager)

If you do so follow these instructions to remove any sort of minipoint or vpn.

1. Head to the VPN tab in windows settings and uncheck all the options

2. head to the network adapters and disable any other adapters rather than your Main one you are connected to it.

3. right click your Main adapter in the adapters page and click properties. Find the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4). Check it then click the properties and set the ip settings on automatic.

like the pictures below.

update-dns-settings-windows-10-step5.jpg

And then.
update-dns-settings-windows-10-4.jpg

Finally check those automatic.
update-dns-settings-windows-10-step7.jpg

set your dns to automatic in the Alternate Configuration tab.(the picture is wrong simply click the Obtain DNS server address automatically)
update-dns-settings-windows-10-step8.jpg

Press OK and close it.
update-dns-settings-windows-10-step9.jpg

Check if the problem fixed. If it doesn't there may be some sort of hidden active connection or there is a problem between your modem and your pc.

Good luck.

Solution