More RAM = More Lag

Apr 10, 2018
Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you could help me, I'm not really good with computers and I haven't been able to figure out why this is happening. Well onto the problem at hand.
As you may have figured out I recently bought more RAM for my gaming PC (not that I have more than one) and I've experienced certain fps drops in a lot of games.

My setup is:
MSI Bazooka H270M
Intel Core i5 7440
4 DDR4 GB + 8 DDR4 GB RAM (the 8gb are the new ones)
GTX 1050 2gb VRAM
120 GB SSD (OS Drive)
2x 1 TB HDD

Until recently I used to only have the 4 GB of RAM, and yes it ran a bit slow but it was understandable, I could play Skyrim with a few mods (only weapons and gameplay mods, no HD textures) at an static 40fps with no drops. League of Legends with full graphics at around 150 fps. PUBG at around 40 fps with a few lag spikes here and there. And many more but let's keep it short and to the point.

Now with the new 8GB of RAM Skyrim runs at 40~60fps indoors and when I exit to the open world it drops to 0~10fps and pretty much freezes for a few seconds. LOL plays at 50~60fps and PUBG is pretty much unplayable at certain points.

I've tried cleaning my PC of any malware using malware bytes and Cómodo antivirus, also disabling a few unnecessary background software, but nothing fixes it.

If anyone has a theory please let me know. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day/night.

Sincerely,
Max

Solution
Another thing you may want to try is setting the swapfile to fixed size 8GB-8GB to stop Windows from compulsively resizing the swapfile all the time for no apparent reason.