More RAM Useage After Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgan63b

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello,

I recently upgraded the RAM on my netbook (Acer Aspire One D257 running Win 7 Starter) from 1GB DDR3 to 2GB DDR3. Before the upgrade it used ~800MB and now it uses ~1GB. I didn't change any other settings after the upgrade. I have thoroughly checked the Task Manager. Is there a way to determine what Processes or Services are causing more RAM to be consumed? I have also loaded the minimum startup items in the System Configuration. Tired of useless processes/services consuming my memory. Thanks!

Solution
i shoot an email to netbook vendor. there no guilds for your netbook but i bet when you add the extra ram some of it may have gone to the onboard intel video chipset. the bios or chipset may have reserved that ram for video playback.
i shoot an email to netbook vendor. there no guilds for your netbook but i bet when you add the extra ram some of it may have gone to the onboard intel video chipset. the bios or chipset may have reserved that ram for video playback.

Solution

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
More memory available means more is being used to cache more stuff. Win7 has a great memory manager and will release it when it's needed. Nothing abnormal going on at all.

Example, going from 4gb to 8gb resulted in more memory being used for me as well.

morgan63b

Honorable
May 10, 2012

Thanks! This sounds like good reasoning. So should I notice any changes in my video or quality or speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.