More Tablets On The Way, Says Acer Exec

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
I like the idea of a smaller, potentially cheaper Windows 8 pro tablet. Question is, is that sufficient RAM to make it work OK? Also, they need to get one that is either around $300 or just below it to really make an impact, I suspect.
Actually, whereas or years I thought Acer was garbage, I went out on a limb and got an Iconia W700 (which I am typing on now). Couldn't be happier.

BringMeAnother

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
I'd rather they offer a larger tablet like a 12in with an attachable keyboard for Windows. After all, if I get windows, I'm expecting to get some work done. For a 7-8in, I might as well get Android or iOS.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
@stevejnb: 2Gb is enough after a small amount of tweaking (I oen a Dell Lattitude 10 and have no issues)
@BringMeAnother: Samsung 7 slate, Samsung smart PC pro? HP 2760p, x220? Why would you buy Android just because of the size of the machine? Plug in a wireless keyboard and mouse with a 24" screen? At times I think that we make up reasons not to like something and I'd prefer a tablet that can do EVERYTHING... that would not be an Android tab, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.