More Tempered Glass (And RGB To Boot): Bitfenix Shogun

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
The SSD Chroma wall is too high as it seems to block the bottom 2 PCI slots which may be an issue for GPUs installed in the last slot.

I believe this is where someone complains that the front panel is not tempered glass so they will not be able to see their RGB fans.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
What I want to see is safety glass side panels.

Why? Tempered glass doesn't do a good job of dampening sound. Since the noise in a car drops dramatically when you roll the windows up, I'm guess the glass-plastic-glass sandwich that safety glass is made of is better at blocking sound. Of course safety glass windows are also much thicker, which I'm sure helps.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

Its all the same tempered glass. The reason that once you roll the windows up it gets quieter is due to the rubber seal. There is a rubber seal around the window that creates a better seal as opposed to the 4 thumbscrews and gaps on all 4 sides when it comes to a computer case.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
HDD's are basically gone and halfway decent fans are whisper quiet. Video cards come with copper heatsinks as large as a cat. Not sure why you're having sound issues at all. If you're blaming some sexy glass (let's be real this case is hot) then you might have other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.