More Than Half of Mobile Phone Users Utilize Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I wonder what percentage of them wonders why smartphones have such bad battery life. (Hint: even though hardware is getting more powerful and effecient consumers demand slim/light phones and large batteries don't exactly fit.)

G

One question comes to my mind: With all these extra functions, how many American people still use it to make an ordinary phone call? No word about that in the study report, or at least in this article on Tom's.

"More than half of mobile users are forced to pay for internet even of they don't want it, just to be allowed to use a decent phone"

Subheading "shockingly they use what they were forced to buy"

halcyon

Splendid
Upon seeing this article I thought, "Well, more than half the people on Earth breathe too...." I'm one of those that most certainly uses the internet on my phone quite a bit more than using the device for voice calls.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
somehow I wonder why cant they release the same phone with diff thickness that come with diff battery capacity. its really simple just change the phone external cover and put in diff battery size.

I certainly wont mind extra 3-5mm thickness with 200-400% battery capacity

This is why we have removable batteries....

So.... Buy an extended battery that comes with a new backdoor? That's what I did for my GS2. (And samsung black jack way back when).Double the capacity, lasts a full 24 hours of heavy use. days on normal use. Costs 20 bucks.... no affect on using or carrying it. Been using it a year.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]This is why we have removable batteries....So.... Buy an extended battery that comes with a new backdoor? That's what I did for my GS2. (And samsung black jack way back when).Double the capacity, lasts a full 24 hours of heavy use. days on normal use. Costs 20 bucks.... no affect on using or carrying it. Been using it a year.[/citation]
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]somehow I wonder why cant they release the same phone with diff thickness that come with diff battery capacity. its really simple just change the phone external cover and put in diff battery size.I certainly wont mind extra 3-5mm thickness with 200-400% battery capacity[/citation]

I did the same thing with my Droid Incredible I bought a battery which has 2.7x the capacity the largest I could find for it. It cost me $5 since the phone wasn't brand new at the time and it seems the seller of these things wants to get rid of them quick once the phone isn't the newest thing on the block. Works well and has no downsides minus having a cheap back cover which makes the phone large to conceal the battery. I get quite a few "That is ugly what is that?" type of comments directed towards my phone or "That thing is huge" but I just tell them I can at least use the thing all day and I ask them how they like charging their phone in the middle of the day.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
85% of the Americans, lol, in Egypt 106% of the people have mobile phones (no kidding, it was a research done by the ministry of communications and IT), if you're wondering why, many people have two mobile phones (or a dual SIM phone)

and I thought Egypt was behind

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]This is why we have removable batteries....So.... Buy an extended battery that comes with a new backdoor? That's what I did for my GS2. (And samsung black jack way back when).Double the capacity, lasts a full 24 hours of heavy use. days on normal use. Costs 20 bucks.... no affect on using or carrying it. Been using it a year.[/citation]while I agree with u there is aftermarket battery out there, but still u already paid the original battery that you will not likely to use it. If the manufacturer would release diff version battery size from the start, you would have gotten a bigger battery for the same money u paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.