More Than Two Million Have Downloaded IE9 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungwa

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
Not being a huge MS fan, I have to admit I have found IE 9 very sleek and load times very fast, of course you have to be running Win 7 also.

ares1214

Splendid
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]It's gonna be a massive improvement over IE8, considering IE8 is technically B#ll$hit[/citation]

Technically? Yeah, you can just sub that in for IS.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Well i liked the Beta, it even shows you and warns you what plugins take the longest to start which i enjoyed and didn't require me to download a extension for it either.

Buuut.. in the long run i think i'll stick with google chrome and FF4

lassik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I like the minimalistic look of IE9, I'm on XP though so I'll be sticking with Firefox and it's next iterations for the time being.

G

The beta crashed my machine. Reloaded W7 from scratch and installed IE9 beta and now it works, but crashes on about every 10th website. I now use Chrome 6 for most web work.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]Technically? Yeah, you can just sub that in for IS.[/citation]
It's gonna be a massive improvement over IE8, considering IE8 is IS B#ll$hit

Nah, it doesn't really work.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]isamuelson[/nom]I guess I'm not one of those two million. I'll stick with Firefox and Chrome.[/citation]
Fascinating... Please tell me more about your life.

xpsng

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Massive improvement with the gfx support on loading times and sleekness... Ye bugs are still there... You cant seem to browse right (sometimes text gets mingled with pics and @ youtube.com the Queue feature bar showing on the lower side of the screen seems empty and no video preview is shown) but still a great improvement overall...

abbringm

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
How many times before have they said this version will be competitive? This is the 9th(!) version already people! They'll never learn. Microsoft was nice in the pas millenium. It's Google time now.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]lejay[/nom]Fascinating... Please tell me more about your life.[/citation]
I'm not one of the 2 million and I stick with FF and Chrome =D

You mad we don't care for M$'s BS?

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
I downloaded, installed and it crashed opening up the beta page. :D

Then it crashed installing the beta of Flash.

Then it would freeze 1/2 the time I visited gaming sites. (probably because of flash I am guessing)

Regardless, this was a clean OS image, and I have never had a beta state as bad as this one from MS.

adribhel

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
I still use Opera for personal use, but for work IE9 is a great. (Many sites I use at work only work correctly with IE.) Really speeds up my day.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Echoing the general sentiment... IE9 is a huge improvement over IE8, but Firefox 4 is still my browser of choice for the foreseeable future. My only concern is the lack of Firefox's support for h.264 HTML5 videos, which IE9 supports.

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
I grabbed IE9 beta to compare it to FF4 beta for the most part. It is a step up from IE8 that's for sure, and I really like what they did with the UI. That being said it still pales in speed vs Chrome, and is much slower than Firefox when it comes to hardware acceleration. Beyond all those points, IE9 isn't cross platform, which is one of the most important things for me since I can sync up my work PC and Mac with Firefox without having to do anything and can go back and forth with them easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS