More virus scans

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoglie

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014
I used super anti spyware to remove a number of virus's and malware, the computer has not been started since. Now a week later when I started it up and did a followup scan it found additional virus's why would that happen?

Solution
Virus scans are not 100% and often times you will need multiple scans and may be even different softwares to get rid of everything because not every antivirus is designed to get rid of every type of malware, there are just too many.

ALso if you did the scans in windows, many viruses are able to mask their presence after windows load up, so while you may get some of the items, you didn't get them all cause the anti-virus program cannot see them all. If you boot into safe mode and run the scans, most viruses can't load up and thus are more easily detectible and removed.

I would suggest you have your anti-virus program and download the free version of "Spybot: search and destroy" this second program takes a lot of adware and malware...

Brighttail

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
Virus scans are not 100% and often times you will need multiple scans and may be even different softwares to get rid of everything because not every antivirus is designed to get rid of every type of malware, there are just too many.

ALso if you did the scans in windows, many viruses are able to mask their presence after windows load up, so while you may get some of the items, you didn't get them all cause the anti-virus program cannot see them all. If you boot into safe mode and run the scans, most viruses can't load up and thus are more easily detectible and removed.

I would suggest you have your anti-virus program and download the free version of "Spybot: search and destroy" this second program takes a lot of adware and malware that most virus scanners don't get. I would then boot into WIndows SAFE MODE and run both. I would reboot, boot them into safemode and run them again. After that do your normal stuff and check back in a couple days in safe mode to see if any came back. If they did, you probably should back up everything and look to reinstall the operating system as that is the only 100% way to get rid of these things.

Good luck.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.