Morrowind fans: Wizards' Islands finally released!

Wow, I was skeptical, but after three years of hard work the Wizards'
Islands team finally pulled it off, delivering their first complete new
island (bigger than Solstheim) for Morrowind.

Their list of features:
- Intense and Epic Multiple-Paths Storyline between 20 and 30 hours.
- Over 400 "Cell" Areas.
- Over 3 Hours of music.
- Tons of characters.
- New creatures, items, spells (only for a boss creature atm.) weapons
& armors.
- And... more cool stuff.

You can read more about it (and find torrent links) at their official
site:
http://www.wizards-islands.com/wi.htm

Also, there's a lot of very important information in the readme file:
http://www.wizards-islands.com/Wizards_Islands_Install.txt

Gosh, now I'm really wishing that A) I'd kept my high-level Morrowind
character and B) I still had time for single-player games.

--
*** In World of Warcraft (North America Realms) ***
Gavvyn, Human Paladin on Earthen Ring <unguilded>

nostromo

Thus spake "Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com>, 11 Apr 2005 10:44:12
-0700, Anno Domini:

>Wow, I was skeptical, but after three years of hard work the Wizards'
>Islands team finally pulled it off, delivering their first complete new
>island (bigger than Solstheim) for Morrowind.
>
>Their list of features:
>- Intense and Epic Multiple-Paths Storyline between 20 and 30 hours.
>- Over 400 "Cell" Areas.
>- Over 3 Hours of music.
>- Tons of characters.
>- New creatures, items, spells (only for a boss creature atm.) weapons
>& armors.
>- And... more cool stuff.
>
>You can read more about it (and find torrent links) at their official
>site:
>http://www.wizards-islands.com/wi.htm
>
>Also, there's a lot of very important information in the readme file:
>http://www.wizards-islands.com/Wizards_Islands_Install.txt
>
>Gosh, now I'm really wishing that A) I'd kept my high-level Morrowind
>character and B) I still had time for single-player games.

Don't kid yourself - some single-player games are worth dumping all the l33t
d00d mmocrap out there for. It's just that MW is not one of them ;-p

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

he's talking (and I agree) that mostly mod-makers (although some game
developers are guilty of that too) create new weapons and armors that
'look cool' but would be absolutely useless, if not dangerous to the
wielder/wearer, if they were actually used by anyone.
Yes, it's a fantasy world, but that doesn't mean that common sense
doesn't apply. Might as well make the blade of a sword in the form of
a cow, breaks the immersion just the same.
If you're going to create new weapons/armor, have them make some sense!

Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in

> Why are so many Morrowind mod makers idiots?

Why are YOU such an idiot?

What mods have you done?

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote in news:1113500481.117996.134530
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> he's talking (and I agree) that mostly mod-makers (although some game
> developers are guilty of that too) create new weapons and armors that
> 'look cool' but would be absolutely useless, if not dangerous to the
> wielder/wearer, if they were actually used by anyone.
> Yes, it's a fantasy world, but that doesn't mean that common sense
> doesn't apply. Might as well make the blade of a sword in the form of
> a cow, breaks the immersion just the same.
> If you're going to create new weapons/armor, have them make some sense!

I disagree. This is fantasy we're talking about. While it may be stupid
to have swords that have a pistol grip on the end, it still looks kick
ass and was one of the cool things about FF8. Same thing for FF7, with
the giant-huge-ass sword that was bigger than Cloud Strife. It makes no
sense in the real world, but this *IS* a fantasy game, it doesn't have to
make sense.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
>Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in
>
>> Why are so many Morrowind mod makers idiots?
>
>Why are YOU such an idiot?
>
>What mods have you done?

I made a nude hack for Menace Beach.

wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:
>he's talking (and I agree) that mostly mod-makers (although some game
>developers are guilty of that too) create new weapons and armors that
>'look cool' but would be absolutely useless, if not dangerous to the
>wielder/wearer, if they were actually used by anyone.
>Yes, it's a fantasy world, but that doesn't mean that common sense
>doesn't apply. Might as well make the blade of a sword in the form of
>a cow, breaks the immersion just the same.
>If you're going to create new weapons/armor, have them make some sense!

Half that stuff doesn't even look cool.
Weilding a cow would at least be funny.

Check belgium grips for foils in fencing. I wouldn't leave home
without them!

knight37 wrote:
> Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in
>
>> Why are so many Morrowind mod makers idiots?
>
> Why are YOU such an idiot?

A rhetorical question, surely. It's Bateau.

>>> Why are so many Morrowind mod makers idiots?
>> Why are YOU such an idiot?

bl> A rhetorical question, surely. It's Bateau.

Well, in this case cut him some slack.
He's just taking the piss, and at least it's funny.
A good step up from his average contributions.

Regards, Hartmut "one sigma above" Schmider

--
Hartmut Schmider, Queen's University

We are capable of sacrificing ourselves for sentiment.
Sentimentality exacts the sacrifice of others.
Yoritomo-Tashi

Downloading now...looks great...wonderful to have a big project thats
acturly finished & fully playable ...like haveing a brand new game to
start..

HINT...I shall make a copy of my Morrowind folder & remove all mods except
the required Tribunal...Then install Wizards Island to that copy to use it
seperate from my main game ..just run the Morrowind exe in the copy...You
can do this and copy/move your Morrowind to any Hard Drive letter / folder
name & its works ok...with Wiz.Isl. I shall have 4 full copies (ones just
for backup) scattered around my HDs ..
Luv Trimble
@@@@