[SOLVED] Most Games Crashing on Higher end PC?

Aug 17, 2019
Core PC Specs:

Asus Prime Z390 Mobo

i7-8700K @ AI OC

16GB Trident Z @ 3200Mhz

MSI Armor 1070TI

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! This issue im having has been going on for quite some time now but I have been neglecting it because I mostly play CSGO and LoL. But whenever I play any games that are more intensive than those my PC will Crash. I do mean quite literally anything other than those games...COD, Fortnite, PUBG, Rocket League, Halo Etc.
Im very fed up with this now since I just helped my cousin build his first PC and he is wanting to play some of those games with me but I cant go for 15 Mins without it crashing. Im usually able to get 1 game in if that before it crashes on me. Mind you only the games will crash to my desktop not my entire PC. Ive monitored it with Task manager and CPU-Z to see any abnormalities in performance at the time of the crashes and the only thing I can see is that my GPU usage will spike to 100% at the crash VERY briefly. Also I should note that before last night I realized that my GPU Core Clocks were insanely low and im talking ridiculous numbers in the 700's I resolved that issue due to some wrong settings in GPU power management but my games are still crashing and im not sure what to do...Any help would be appreciated and I hope you all have a happy holidays!!!

TL;DR - Ive also tried going into BIOS to change my OC but I cant get into it now due to bootup speeds and my Keyboard not coming on fast enough. Ive tried taking fast boot off in power options but that doesnt help.., Also attempted to do the hold shift while restarting but it doesnt give me the BIOS/UEFI option so im kinda SOL

Solution
Temps are okay.

I would un-do any and all OC settings. Run the system at baseline stock speeds. I would also make sure that my video drivers are the latest available (get directly from Nvidia).

Then test again.
Aug 17, 2019
Should be okay.

What are your CPU and GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?

Are your major drivers (video, network, motherboard chipset, audio) and Windows up to date?

Ok ran a few test and Idle for CPU is around mid 30's C and under load they capped at around 80C(UserBenchmark) and GPU Idle was at about 50C and came up to about 78C(Heaven Benchmark) I did notice that when I did the UserBenchmark my GPU came up as " Performing way below expectations (15th percentile) " so that could be another part of the issue there.

Aug 17, 2019
Temps are okay.

I would un-do any and all OC settings. Run the system at baseline stock speeds. I would also make sure that my video drivers are the latest available (get directly from Nvidia).

Then test again.

I would love to do that but im unable to get into the BIOS due to my keyboard not being able to use fast enough when booting up... Ive disabled fast boot in power settings and tried holding shift while restarting and it doesnt give me the option to boot into BIOS/UEFI

Aug 17, 2019
Do you have access to another keyboard?

Finally some good news, I was able to get into BIOS with my older Razer keyboard and Disables XMP and Switched off AI Controlled OC. Im about to leave to go see some family but i will be back later in the day to run some games to see if the OC was the issue...If it was the issue and the games do end up running fine what do you suggest? doing a manual OC maybe? or just running stock speeds? If running stock speeds is the only answer I may just end up building a new PC seeing as the reason I got the "K" Version of my processsor was for OC obviously.

Aug 17, 2019
That is the boost/turbo speed. It will run slower when max CPU performance is not needed.

Ok got home, ran some games for about 2 and a half hours, COD, PUBG Etc. and no crashes...So it seems like the OC was the issue. I know this isnt full proof and I couldve gotten just a lucky few hours but improvement is good. I did however notice that at least in PUBG my GPU was still running at like 99% Usage the whole time, I had most settings turned to medium and view distance on ultra