most games i play that take alot of CPU are always taking up 100% (Battlefrield1, Rainbow Six SIege and others).

owen1601

Prominent
May 3, 2017
most games i play that take alot of CPU are always taking up 100% (Battlefrield1, Rainbow Six Siege and others).

My PC is quite new maybe 4months old but whenever i try play a game like Rainbow six siege it is taking up 100% when i first played this game it worked fine and never took up that much to make it where i was getting random Jolts when trying to play. When i was playing on my old PC on battlefield and siege it never took up 100% and that wasnt the best computer compared to the one i have now. On battlefield i play on ULTRA settings but no matter if its on the lowest it still seems to be taking up 100% same with other game.

Spec:
Intel Core I5 6600K @3.50Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce 1080
250GB Samsung 750 EVO SSD
2TB Seagate HDD

Thanks for reading!

Solution
check temp on the cpu..

I use MSI Afterburner while playing games, it show everything, like cpu usage, core temp, fps etc..
For some time ago. I got 100% cpu usage and it was cuz of the temp on cpu... Fixed it by re applying thermal paste
Those games have can use 4 threads, maybe more in some cases, and you have 4 and a GTX 1080. You're basically going to be CPU bound in any game not running at 4k. There's nothing particularly wrong with your CPU being at 100% and I would expect it in this case. What kind of screen do you have?

owen1601

Prominent
May 3, 2017

i have an asus vg248qe and run at 144hz

Game runs at 100% but it will always give me a lag spike and it makes games unplayable. it has 100% CPU on lowest settings and even when the game is capped at 30FPS it still runs at 100%.

Lakken

Notable
May 4, 2017
check temp on the cpu..

I use MSI Afterburner while playing games, it show everything, like cpu usage, core temp, fps etc..
For some time ago. I got 100% cpu usage and it was cuz of the temp on cpu... Fixed it by re applying thermal paste

Solution