Most important attribute of a tv when plugging your pc to it?

aliycen

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Hello guys. I once had an lcd tv that i bought with hopes of being able to plug my pc to it and play video games. However when I did, there was a terrible lag between what I did and the display coming to the screen. For example I'd turn right and it would take longer for me to turn right on the screen. Like I was watching things from half a second behind.

What is the reason this happens? I don't mean like a problem that happens when you turn vsync off. I mean like a literal lag between the output and the input. If any of you played Dead Space 1 on pc when it first came out you would know what I'm talking about. Makes it so hard to aim when you're playing fps games.

Solution
What you describe is input lag. The time from receiving an image to displaying it. Most TV specs do not include input lag so you really need to google each TV model first and find out what the lag is. Most sales people have not a clue what input lag is, they will just say this TV has a gaming setting so never trust TV sales staff

There are a few websites dedicated to input lag, just google it.
What you describe is input lag. The time from receiving an image to displaying it. Most TV specs do not include input lag so you really need to google each TV model first and find out what the lag is. Most sales people have not a clue what input lag is, they will just say this TV has a gaming setting so never trust TV sales staff

There are a few websites dedicated to input lag, just google it.

Solution