[SOLVED] Most of my games continuously crash on newly built gaming pc.

Maxsterk

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
Hello,

So I recently built a new gaming pc over a month ago with some specs that I believed would take my experience to the next level, especially since my old rig was getting too old to just "upgrade." I built it and everything was running smoothly, for the most part, until I noticed that most of the games I played kept crashing out of nowhere. I have done many online searches and "fixes" but absolutely nothing works. I have seen that it could be my PSU not supplying enough power to my GPU, or there may be something wrong with the overclocking on my GPU. Overall, I have tried many remedies and fixes but nothing seems to work. It happens the most on COD: MW Warzone where it says, among other errors, "DEV ERROR 6068" (It has said different errors as well that I don't remember). I really hope I didn't do anything wrong because I followed the build to a "T" and don't want to have to invest in anything else in order to fix anything. Any help as to what is happening would be gladly appreciated! Thank you for bearing with this long paragraph. I have listed off my entire pc components down below.

PC:

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700k processor @3.6hz
CPU AiO: Corsair Hydro Series H115i RGB Plat. 280mm
GPU: GIGABYTE Nvidia RTX 2070 Super GamingOC GDDR6
PSU: Corsair RM750x 750w ATX 80 plus gold certified full modular (Refurbished from Newegg)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3600
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD & Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD
Case: NZXT H710 Mid Tower

Solution
And if it is the problem, are there any PSUs that you would recommend that would best fit my rig?

I personally have good experience with Corsair PSUs and many of them are highly recommended in various Tom's Hardware reviews. I started out with a Corsair TX650M that I bought in 2019 for $80. I upgraded to a $270 Corsair AX1000 in February 2020 when I started supporting folding@home and started using a second GPU. Unfortunately, due to covid-19 and breaks in the supply chain, PSUs seem to be selling for higher than they would otherwise.

Here is a link to Tom's Hardware Best Power Supplies of 2020 (updated 3 days ago)
The only red flag that I'm seeing in your specs is the refurbished psu. Are you able to swap the power supply from your old rig into your new one to see if that makes a difference? If not, you could always buy a new one from amazon.com; if the new one doesn't fix the problem, you could return it for a full refund so no damage done.

Maxsterk

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
The only red flag that I'm seeing in your specs is the refurbished psu. Are you able to swap the power supply from your old rig into your new one to see if that makes a difference? If not, you could always buy a new one from amazon.com; if the new one doesn't fix the problem, you could return it for a full refund so no damage done.
Yeah that was my main thoughts on it, but I didn't think anything of it because it was coming from Newegg. I was trying to find the best PSU that wasnt too expensive for my rig...

Maxsterk

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
How often is this happening on non COD games? The new Modern Warfare is extremely crash-prone.
Yeah I have heard that as well... On Smite there was a time where it consistently crashed twice in a row, but there are other times where nothing happens at all. Now MW wont even start up without giving me the DirectX error.

Maxsterk

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
Is your gpu driver up to date? If yes try uninstalling the driver using DDU and then reinstalling. I had a few issues with that game a couple of months back and a fresh driver install using DDU resolved it. Can’t remember the error message I got.
Yes, the GPU driver is up to date. I have made multiple clean installations but will try that if there is any difference between the two.

Maxsterk

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
And if it is the problem, are there any PSUs that you would recommend that would best fit my rig?

I personally have good experience with Corsair PSUs and many of them are highly recommended in various Tom's Hardware reviews. I started out with a Corsair TX650M that I bought in 2019 for $80. I upgraded to a $270 Corsair AX1000 in February 2020 when I started supporting folding@home and started using a second GPU. Unfortunately, due to covid-19 and breaks in the supply chain, PSUs seem to be selling for higher than they would otherwise.

Here is a link to Tom's Hardware Best Power Supplies of 2020 (updated 3 days ago)

Solution