Question Most of programs are not opening

dragan_pavlovic

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
As title says, most of my programs(games) do not open up. I can launch them, but they will not open up. Rather they will stay calm as I can see in Task manager.
There is one thing I should mention to be able to fix this. When I try to open these programs, rundll32.exe launchs too and if I close it, the other program closes too.
This problem came out of nowhere after I was doing some things on my laptop and tried to run a game I play almost every day. I have reboot my laptop multiple times to see it still having a problem.
Please give me a solution for this, but please, if possible, avoid those answers as reinstall the game.

dragan_pavlovic

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
I've had similar problems before, I think it's related to "Game Explorer" in Windows 7.
Check out this link for a couple solutions: http://ubeogesh-things.blogspot.com/2012/08/resolve-it-finally-game-explorer-aka.html

The simplest method is to end the game process and start the game again, usually that works for me.
That doesn't work for me, but what does the job is to launch game once again without ending any processes which before did not. To be exact I had around 10 rundlls32 running without having a game to launch.
I'd like to know if it's possible to actually fix this, so I dont have to do anything unusual.
I know that the link you gave me explains how to do it when messing with system files, but I rarely touch these because I'm pretty good at making PCs die. (four times my sisters laptop, seven times mine, three times a tablet and phone is pretty much not working anymore)

btw thank you very much for that link, it helped me open it at least