[SOLVED] Most of usb ports go silent after plugging in or off usb devices.

Jan 12, 2021
So I had now second time this weird issue with my usb ports. After plugging in and off few usb sticks the keyboard, mouse and all connected by usb went silent. Unplugging devices from usb ports didn't help, restarting computer didn't help (even taking psu switch off and letting all power come out by pressing power button as power cable was also off from psu). None of these help. Just today as I was putting my wireless mouse, logitech pro gaming mouse plugged in the cable to get charged. This usb port problem came real again... After restarting pc etc, I noticed that only two usb ports behind the case from the motherboard worked. The other 4 ports below on motherboard didn't work... After awhile use from these 2 usb ports, I tried to google this problem, and then suddenly tryed the other usb ports and they some how worked again... My case 4 front usb ports also were not working at the time they were silent... Only connection to his problem is, as it first time occured I had this for me new (used 3 months before me) logitech pro gaming mouse on use. I now reinstall this logitech device software (logitech G HUB). And my pc is build last october. My motherboard is: Asus Prime B550-Plus AM4 . Maybe I need to check new usb drivers for the motherboard... I wish to have some answer to this mystery usb issue... Thanks if someone could answer! Hopefully the text is not too messy to understand! :D

Solution
for the pen drive i would try to test them made sure there is not a short on them between pins for the hub you might need to safely remove it as a regular pen drive system see it as bad device and short try this next time before removing from system .
Jan 12, 2021
does it only happens when you plug in the hub or any other usb device .
For first this happend I only plug few old memory sticks in the front usb ports of my case. Now second time this happend I only plug off this mouse wireless connector from the cable that can be used as charger as well..... This mouse cable is connected behind my case, straight to the motherboard usb ports.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
for the pen drive i would try to test them made sure there is not a short on them between pins for the hub you might need to safely remove it as a regular pen drive system see it as bad device and short try this next time before removing from system .

Solution