Most performant Internal 3.5 HD for PC

tunacajun

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Hi,
I'm planning to replace my failing WDC HD. I'm wondering if I should go with Hitachi or Toshiba? according to backblaze.com, Hitachi is the one with least failure. My priority for a HDD is:
1. durability (least failure)
2. speed --> right now, I'm using 5400rpm, will use 7200rpm or above (if exists)
3. low power consumption

my usage is heavily for computer programming dev works, networking, and for entertainment (watch tons of TV shows and rarely play "medium-resource" games like Civilization 5 and XCom Enemy Within). my box runs 17 hours a day everyday including weekends.

thanks

Solution

That is specific to the Red models that they use, the HGST drives I have had really bad experiences with in laptops, almost every single 320 GB drive that I seen fail was an HGST or a Seagate. I can't think of a single WD Black drives I have used at work at home that has failed. But that is laptop drives, it may be as relevant to their desktop drives as looking at reliability for specific size Red drives and saying the WD Black models would be the same way.

That is specific to the Red models that they use, the HGST drives I have had really bad experiences with in laptops, almost every single 320 GB drive that I seen fail was an HGST or a Seagate. I can't think of a single WD Black drives I have used at work at home that has failed. But that is laptop drives, it may be as relevant to their desktop drives as looking at reliability for specific size Red drives and saying the WD Black models would be the same way.

Solution