Question Most programs are closing on open

x1c0

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
Hi folks, I'm stuck here and cannot find any information relevant to my problem. When I open most browsers and programs generally they open momentarily and then close. There is no error or blue screen, it simply goes back to desktop.

It first started with a browser and now it prevents me from resetting windows so I'm running out of options. I've tried running things as admin and this doesn't help either. Am I forced to reinstall my os?

Any suggestions?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Asus x570
32 gb ram, 3600 ripjaws
2 tb m.2 samsung evo
1 tb ssd samsung evo
Geforce 780ti

Hello x1c0 , with regards to claptrappers comments about ..... maybe a bad windows update ..... you first need to try and recall how long this problem has been occurring , if you think it might be a faulty update that caused the problem then follow his instruction and delete all updates from the time the problem started , next install them again 1 at a time to see if the problem happens again.

I would also recommend you try malwarebytes

Have you used malwarebytes before. The reason I ask this is because you may not be fully aware of how Malwarebytes works. Infections of any kind can be made up of many segments , if you clicked on anything it found before quarantining and deleting you might have seen it say something like joe bloggs pup 5 , this means that joe bloggs pup is made up of 5 segments.
This is the important bit.... Malwarebytes is one of the best programs around but it cant always get rid of all segments of something on the first scan/quarantine/delete. You must do repeated scans till it finds nothing.
Also try adwcleaner by the same company

D

Deleted member 14196

you are most likley infected with some malware or virus. format and reinstall.

make a new win10 USB from microsofts media creation tool. use it to delete ALL your partitions on your windows drive, then create one new one and let windows install clean.