Question Most programs are closing on open

x1c0

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
Hi folks, I'm stuck here and cannot find any information relevant to my problem. When I open most browsers and programs generally they open momentarily and then close. There is no error or blue screen, it simply goes back to desktop.

It first started with a browser and now it prevents me from resetting windows so I'm running out of options. I've tried running things as admin and this doesn't help either. Am I forced to reinstall my os?

Any suggestions?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Asus x570
32 gb ram, 3600 ripjaws
2 tb m.2 samsung evo
1 tb ssd samsung evo
Geforce 780ti

Hello x1c0 , with regards to claptrappers comments about ..... maybe a bad windows update ..... you first need to try and recall how long this problem has been occurring , if you think it might be a faulty update that caused the problem then follow his instruction and delete all updates from the time the problem started , next install them again 1 at a time to see if the problem happens again.

I would also recommend you try malwarebytes

Have you used malwarebytes before. The reason I ask this is because you may not be fully aware of how Malwarebytes works. Infections of any kind can be made up of many segments , if you clicked on anything it found before quarantining and deleting you might have seen it say something like joe bloggs pup 5 , this means that joe bloggs pup is made up of 5 segments.
This is the important bit.... Malwarebytes is one of the best programs around but it cant always get rid of all segments of something on the first scan/quarantine/delete. You must do repeated scans till it finds nothing.
Also try adwcleaner by the same company

D

Deleted member 14196

you are most likley infected with some malware or virus. format and reinstall.

make a new win10 USB from microsofts media creation tool. use it to delete ALL your partitions on your windows drive, then create one new one and let windows install clean.

TRENDING THREADS