Most Programs unable to run!

JhonConners

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015
Recently I got a Logitech G430 headset, and installed the software provided by Logitech on their website to configure it a bit.

Then later, I was unable to use a lot of programs. Things like steam would load, and appear in task manager, but not show up on the desktop, taskbar, or anywhere else.

Things like Google chrome, malwarebytes, and AMD settings work however.

But I cannot play games!
I did see taskeng.exe in my task manager, which I read online CAN sometimes be a virus... but dont know for sure so I might as well include it.

EDIT:
I did restore my windows back to before I installed the logitech software, but it is still not loading programs.

Can anyone help me fix this please!

KittyFish62

Respectable
Dec 13, 2016
Something like that is not caused by something like that. It's most likely malware. Try running a full scan of everything via custom scan in malwarebytes and use adwcleaner too. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to search through your files and registry manually, but be very careful not to delete important things.

Check your system spec in system info is your computer showing the right amount of RAM? Perhaps your RAM is going bad.

To Kitty's point you said you have malwarebytes do you keep it updated and scan at least once per week? I also use Spybot Search & Destroy.

JhonConners

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015
Alright, there were some things I forgot to mention in the original comment,
I did a threat scan of Malwarebytes, where it searched my C: drive (my windows installation) and nothing popped up.
I was then going to do a full scan including my hard drive aswell, but decided to try and roll back the video drivers I updated earlier today/yesterday.

Also something to note, it wouldnt let me shut down my PC, but my suspicion is just because I had malwarebytes running at the time of rolling back my PC, as antiviruses can interrupt that. But still worth mentioning.

Also do you have any experience with adwcleaner? I have never heard of it.

I did try a sfc /scannow but it said there was nothing wrong with my windows installation.

In response to your comment, littleleo, I had just gotten this ram around a month ago.... So really it shouldnt be the ram, but I checked just in case, and it still says the usual 16gb.

KittyFish62

Respectable
Dec 13, 2016
Threat scans don't pick up everything, go to custom scan and check everything and C:\. You can download adwcleaner from the malwarebytes website via all products>For Technicians. All you have to do is press scan and it will go to work.

JhonConners

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015
Welp, it dun stuck.
lol

Malwarebytes has been scanning C:\USERS\JB\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\RAZER\RZUPDATER\FR-FR\RZUPDATEMANAGER.RESOURCES.DLL
for the past 10 minutes...

in a previous attempt at scanning, it got stuck on some code on a TcpNodelay jar file in one of my folders..

What do i do?

JhonConners

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015
Update: Nope, it found some more, after running it over and over again. But adwcleaner does not help, and malwarebytes gets stuck scanning a file for however long for no reason.

wot is goin on m80

JhonConners

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015
Well my windows OS is on an ssd, not a hard drive....

And, it may seem a bit awkward here... but the issue seems to have fixed itself?
After doing all the scans and stuff, the issue is no longer present... even though no viruses/malware were removed...

Oh boy.