Most Stable CCC for 6800 series!

kaspro

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Hi, i've just added Radeon HD 6870 to my system and downloaded the 11.10 CCC and installed it, and yet still testing it, but anyone would recommend the most stable CCC till now.
One thing i've noticed before in my 5770, that the version of CCC also effects the VGA Temp :eek: , dont know how but that's true for me!!!!!

If the version of CCC affected the temp of your vga, then you had a problem with that version, likely the 2d clocks were too high or too low, such as I had a problem with 11.7

There is no stable CCC for 6800 series, like cpu's, all graphics and ram chips are different, none are exactly the same and some will clock much higher than others while some will fail at a slight overclock.

That's why higher end cpu's and gpus are "binned". They choose the ones that perform the best with the least voltage and sell those as higher end often overclocked products.

kaspro

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
well, at idle, it reads around 45c, and at load it may get to 81c, and the room tem isnt really high, plus the case coolin i think its fine and the cpu really nevers gets any high

kaspro

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
yes, the stock settings for my card are: "GPU Clock: 300Mhz", "MEM Clock: 300Mhz", "Fan Speed: 22%", i tried to raise it to 40% and the tems really went down but it makes alot of noise at idle :)

Hmmm.... my 5850 idles at 157/300, I thought they all did.