MOST URGENT HELP RELATED TO THIS BUILD NEEDED BEFORE THIS FRIDAY! Please HELP!

G

I was about to order a PC build from set.com.mk and went to their local store to order it. One of the sales reps told me that the motherboard wouldn't provide enough power to the CPU, the case wouldn't have enough airflow, that single channel RAM would make my PC slow and that the motherboard wouldn't be good enough for the GPU (wat?) My initially planned specs are as follows:
-Intel Core i5 4440
-Kingston HyperX 8GB Fury Blue (will add another one in the future for dual channel)
-1TB SATA3 hard drive
-Asus STRIX GTX970
-Asus H81-M K (I think it was this one, either way, the cheapest I could find, was like $40)
-CoolerMaster VS550w
-A very cheap case I might replace because I do want nice airflow
-Asus 22" 1080p monitor

So what do you guys think? He recommended a $120 B85 gaming motherboard instead (apparently it wouldn't burn my computer down to ashes) and said I could downgrade to an i3 and still not bottleneck the GTX 970 (wut?). Oh, and as a final kicker he said my PSU can handle TWO of those cards. He then showed me his twice-as-expensive build as proof of his expertise.

Is he right? Or am I right? Will I get 5 years out of this build? ANY HELP IS EXTREMELY APPRECIATED!!!

Solution
Your mobo is fine. The salesperson is trying to sell off some old stock or something that's why. He's no expert coz he tells an i3 on some mobo will not bottleneck a GTX 970 and that PSU will handle two of them. Only ram is true, using one stick(1x8) will reduce the memory bandwidth by 50% If you can change the PSU to something like an XFX, Seasonic. All parts are good and compatible.
G

They don't stock the Gigabyte. Also what about the motherboard? Compatible with CPU, GPU and everything else? I need EXPERTS and/or those with personal experience to answer this, as I'm buying a computer really soon, perhaps even tomorrow!

Your mobo is fine. The salesperson is trying to sell off some old stock or something that's why. He's no expert coz he tells an i3 on some mobo will not bottleneck a GTX 970 and that PSU will handle two of them. Only ram is true, using one stick(1x8) will reduce the memory bandwidth by 50% If you can change the PSU to something like an XFX, Seasonic. All parts are good and compatible.

Solution