[SOLVED] Mostly decided on what I'm getting, some questions and other details... ($1000-1100)

Apr 24, 2020
Hello friends, another guy here coming back onto the PC Hardware scene after postponing plans to upgrade a few years back due to Bitcoin jacking the hell out of graphics prices plus my Mothers ailing health left less time to pursue such passioniate hobbies, and hence mostly been gaming on consoles, don't plan to sell my Xbox One X per se, but I would very much like to have a mid-to-high class PC with reasonable upgrade prospects over the next few years.

Approximate Purchase Date: Tonight. Been a long time coming. There is always something new coming out soon just as Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia, or Eastasia, whatever.

Budget Range: 1000, maybe 1100 at the most.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (Mostly strats/sims/a few older shooters on PC so will have emphasis on better CPU), streaming on this and my Xbox One X @ 1080p, video editing, general multitasking w/ multiple browser tabs, music/or movies playing in background.

Are you buying a monitor: No.

Parts to Upgrade: Full tower, plus a new mouse/keyboard.

Do you need to buy OS: Any way I can transfer the license on my current box to the new rig? Save me 110 or so buckaroo's, if not then yes. I do harbor a desire to dual-boot windows-linux, got an unused Crucial 240GB SSD for the linux boot.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Would prefer to buy all at one place (Newegg) but if it'll save me 20-30$ or more I can buy from Amazon, Best Buy or even Wal Mart.

Parts Preferences: The ASUS Mini-ITX board in the box I'm typing this from has held up 7.5 years as of this month, so they get my vote of confidence, as does Crucial SSDs/RAM, MSI/Sapphire VGAs, WD HDDs, LG/Samsung DVD burners, Logitech headsets/mice and keyboards and Cooler Master cases, I've built both Intel and AMD boxes in the past but for my needs I'm dead set on the Ryzen 7 3700X, 8 cores for 65W watts to put me roughly on par with the next gen consoles at base clocks alone.

Overclocking: Maybe to see what I can get away with on the stock cooler, but more than likely in the summer I'll keep it at base and even turn off boost mode to keep temps moderate.

SLI or Crossfire: The option would be nice, but nowhere near as important as OCing the CPU.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1080p, with plans to move to 1440p by the end of this year and 4K a couple after that.

Additional Comments: These are some of the games I'll be playing, roughly from most to least demanding (Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these, please)

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
Total War Three Kingdoms (And vintage titles)
Mount & Blade Bannerlord
Stellaris
Grand Theft Auto V
IL-2 Stalingrad
Battlefield 1/4
Mad Max
Civilization V
World of Warships

And other games of that sort.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: This is why
i5-3450
MSI GTX 1050 not-Ti (Replaced GTX 650 Ti)
12GB DDR3
ASUS P8H-77-I
Cooler Master Elite 120 M-ITX Case

With upgrades, it has done most of what I asked of it, but as you can see, it's been showing it's age for some years now and it was build a little over a year before the now-current gen consoles launched, so here's to enjoying some of the best that PC has to offer that consoles, while fun in their own right (Shun the heretic! :p Shhuuuuuunnn) can not compete with what PC has to offer in most of my preferred genres 🆒

Here is what I had in mind for my upgrade: Rig Of War

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Super OC
Mobo: Gigabyte B450M DS3H mATX
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4 3600
PSU: Seasonic 650W Full Modular
Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX Tower
SSD: Sillicon Power A55 512GB
DVD: Lite-On DVD Burner

Some of these parts like the card and processor were straight from Tom's recommendations. The motherboard looks alright for the budget, but I've heard at least some B450 boards need a BIOS update before they can support the Ryzen 3s, plus it doesn't like it'd overclock very far, which, again isn't too important, but would be very nice to have some fun with :p

By no means a full-fledged experted, but I'd say at least most of that is solid given the price range, but I just wanted to run it through with some people more up to speed on whats what in the hardware scene.

Appreciated in Advance.

Solution
I think I would stick with a major name brand ssd.
It is just too nasty to deal with any possible ssd issues to save a couple of bucks.
I would look first to intel or samsung.
You can get a 500gb intel 660P nvme for $73.
https://www.newegg.com/intel-660p-series-512gb/p/0D9-002V-003Y7?&quicklink=true
Ryzen does not hardly overclock at all.
You might get 4.3 on all threads.
The Intel K suffix processors will do 5.0
That can be important on your type of games.
Actually, you will game decently on any processor in the $200 and over class.

The rest looks good.
I think I would stick with a major name brand ssd.
It is just too nasty to deal with any possible ssd issues to save a couple of bucks.
I would look first to intel or samsung.
You can get a 500gb intel 660P nvme for $73.
https://www.newegg.com/intel-660p-series-512gb/p/0D9-002V-003Y7?&quicklink=true
Ryzen does not hardly overclock at all.
You might get 4.3 on all threads.
The Intel K suffix processors will do 5.0
That can be important on your type of games.
Actually, you will game decently on any processor in the $200 and over class.

The rest looks good.

Solution