Question Mostly low gpu usage 6700XT (cpu3700x)

Jul 2, 2023
Have a ryzen 3700x, sold my 1070 and bought a sapphire 6700Xt. Had 2*8gb 3200mhz ram, had good fps, gpu 99% usage, but had laggs, becouse of low memory, and later low gpu usage. Installed the 2*16gb 3200mhz ram, still low gpu. New windows install, not formatted C drive.
Worked for a day maybe, every game worked fine 99%gpu 50-70%cpu.
Mostly play Cod mw 2 and warzone, worked fine 140fps was fine in wz. But now 50-70% gpu usage... 70-80 fps in wz
Okay, made a clean windows install. Worked again, next day low gpu usage again in every game... Nothing installed..
Tried incrase minimum mhz of vga, nothing.
No overheat. Memories on in good slots. PSU maybe half year old, 650w. Tried set lot of things in bios.. Reset bios everything.
I dont have any idea...

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What are the complete specs for this system (make/model of each installed component, details matter)?

Also, are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Does your display support FreeSync or G-Synch? Are you enabling v-sync in your video driver settings?

Need to know what we are working with to determine your options.

Reactions: th3reaperskullpt

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
Have a ryzen 3700x, sold my 1070 and bought a sapphire 6700Xt. Had 2*8gb 3200mhz ram, had good fps, gpu 99% usage, but had laggs, becouse of low memory, and later low gpu usage. Installed the 2*16gb 3200mhz ram, still low gpu. New windows install, not formatted C drive.
Worked for a day maybe, every game worked fine 99%gpu 50-70%cpu.
Mostly play Cod mw 2 and warzone, worked fine 140fps was fine in wz. But now 50-70% gpu usage... 70-80 fps in wz
Okay, made a clean windows install. Worked again, next day low gpu usage again in every game... Nothing installed..
Tried incrase minimum mhz of vga, nothing.
No overheat. Memories on in good slots. PSU maybe half year old, 650w. Tried set lot of things in bios.. Reset bios everything.
I dont have any idea...
Without full computer specs you won't get very far, but I'm starting to really suspect the Power Supply. At the beginning it could even be normal since some games use both CPU and GPU resources, so this update doesn't get close to 90% but now you say that it is in all games, it changes the situation.

Which Windows power plan are you using?

Jul 2, 2023
What are the complete specs for this system (make/model of each installed component, details matter)?

Also, are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Does your display support FreeSync or G-Synch? Are you enabling v-sync in your video driver settings?

Need to know what we are working with to determine your options.
As i said in my first post,Ryzen 3700x, 2x16gb 3200mhz patriot ram.
plus Asus tuf B550M-e motherboard,
corsair tx650m PSU

No overclock, yes Freesync.
Vsync almost never used in my life.

Jul 2, 2023
Without full computer specs you won't get very far, but I'm starting to really suspect the Power Supply. At the beginning it could even be normal since some games use both CPU and GPU resources, so this update doesn't get close to 90% but now you say that it is in all games, it changes the situation.

Which Windows power plan are you using?
performance power plan