[SOLVED] Mostly new build, PSU clicks twice then nothing turns on ?

Oct 10, 2020
So i bought a bunch of parts for a needed upgrade. I reused my old case (an In Win 904 plus) and hard drives, and replaced the old stuff with:

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Ryzen 3800x
Seasonic Prime TX 750,
32 gb of Corsair Vengance pro ddr4 ram at 3200mhz,

I used the stock cooler (Wraith Prism) and re-used my gtx 970.

Put everything together and then when i plug in the power supply, the ram lights up and some LED near the rear panel flashes white once then turns off. When i try to power on the system after that, the pumsu PSU ? makes two clicks and nothing turns on. Pressing the power button again gets no response.

I tested the psu with seasonics included jumper and it turns on fine. I tried single ram sticks, no video card, nothing in the mobo....nothing. will try to run it outside of the case but never had an issue before.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Solution
@xer 21

Kinda sounds like you have a short somewhere. Maybe a standoff where it shouldn't be or screw stuck under the motherboard.

Let us know what happens with board out of the computer. Make sure you put it on a non conductive surface. If you still have an issue, it could be a defect in the motherboard.
@xer 21

Kinda sounds like you have a short somewhere. Maybe a standoff where it shouldn't be or screw stuck under the motherboard.

Let us know what happens with board out of the computer. Make sure you put it on a non conductive surface. If you still have an issue, it could be a defect in the motherboard.

Solution