mothebroard onmly wortks in 1 case?

endermanac

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
ok so i want to move my motherboard from my inspiron 3647 witdh has rthe motherb i think its 02YRK5 <-- thats the motherboard's name i think ok and so when i put it inside the phantkes exlipse p400 (also with a new psu) the psu cables fits in everything and so when i put it in everything all the sockets n stuff i made sure there tight and cliped in correctly witch they r and so i relized there werent enough ports or werent t all for the front pannel connectors for the usb 3.0 and the case fans i think thats all im not sure if rgb needs a seprate connector and so the connectors ar a bit diffrent from the inspiron case and so when i turned it on the cpu fans turned on and i looked ta the inthernet port and there was a little flash light meaning there was power in the board and so when i pluged it in the monitor i got nothing no bios or anyhting i tryed EVERYTHING even resseting bios and the battery n everything and nothing worked but when i put it back into the in the old inspiron case back were it was and conected everything it all starts working again how does this even work? im scared the motherboared i em gonna buy wont work i was using my current motherboard a temp just untill my other mobo comes in the mobo im getting is ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard and i dont want what happened to happen again

Solution
Ugh, no punctuation, terrible spelling, and horrible grammar making my brain bleed.

Most likely there is a specific connector from either the front panel of the case or from the PSU that is required on a proprietary motherboard like that of many Dells. Best bet would be to buy an aftermarket motherboard and transfer your CPU, RAM, etc into the new case.

mcconkeymike

Distinguished
Ugh, no punctuation, terrible spelling, and horrible grammar making my brain bleed.

Most likely there is a specific connector from either the front panel of the case or from the PSU that is required on a proprietary motherboard like that of many Dells. Best bet would be to buy an aftermarket motherboard and transfer your CPU, RAM, etc into the new case.

Solution