Mother board Asus P5N-D not supporting AHSI is it essential?

Feb 9, 2019
I have just purchased a 1TB Crucial SSD for my aging Asus Windows 10 PC. I new nothing about AHSI until I tried to run the Crucial Storage Executive software which informed me that no supported drives were installed. The drive does work, and it boots without any problems. I can also see the increased performance. The reason for my question is that I have another 'old' windows PC with similar processor and RAM to my Asus machine, and this other machine does support AHSI in the BIOS. Is it worth me moving my drive to this machine instead, and is it particularly difficult? Any advice appreciated.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
The boards sometimes get configured to do RAID mode instead of AHCI. That often would mess up cloning/backup software.

You could move the drive to another system that doesn't got RAID mode set and in the way to do the cloning. But you can't just switch a system off of RAID to AHCI once windows has been installed. You will find yourself with a non-booting system afterwards.

Here is some good instructions for getting that RAID turned off:
https://triplescomputers.com/blog/uncategorized/solution-switch-windows-10-from-raidide-to-ahci-operation/