Question Mother board bad?

Nov 6, 2021
I have a build that for various reasons got stuffed in a closet a few years ago.

It has an AMD FX-8350, 8 core processor @4ghz. I pulled it out and have been trying to troubleshoot it. I can't get an OS to install due to HD errors. It has two drives and I can't get it to install on either of them. Or the one time I did get an OS to install it would not boot. I get a big list of error codes. Based on some of the errors it looks like the Mobo is bad. Are there any good Mobo's for this processor still available and is it worth my time and money to fix it?

D

Deleted member 362816

I would throw all of that in the trash where FX belongs but you might be able to find some cheap am3+ motherboards on eBay.

Nov 6, 2021
The PC I'm sitting at right now is over 3 years old and is running an FX processor. It does well at anything I want to do with it. So saying FX is garbage bears no weight with me. Now a specific processor may be troublesome but not the entire line.

Otherwise thanks for the feedback. It's very difficult to find a new mobo for the 8350. I'm not willing to buy a used one. So that project is probably dead.