Mother board built-in wifi and Bluetooth

Jun 6, 2018
hi, i am building a new pc and didn't know weather to buy built-in wifi or no. my question is , if i buy without built in wifi, does that mean i can not connect wirelessly to the internet? will i have to be connected through ethernet all the time?

i do have a router at home.

same question for built in bluetooth

Solution
if you buy a motherboard without those 2 things then yes, you will not be able to connect to wifi or connect a bluetooth device to your computer. there are PCI-E combo cards available that you can install in your PC that can do this but in the end it may be a better value buying a motherboard with those features already included.
You don't have to have it built into the motherboard, you can always buy USB adapters for both Wifi and Bluetooth. As far a specific board just go on newegg and use the filter to look for the features you want, also pay attention to the reviews since a lot of built in Wifi on motherboards isn't particularly good due to poor antennas.

If it were me I would just buy a good board without them, then purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter and a PCIe Wifi card separately.

if you buy a motherboard without those 2 things then yes, you will not be able to connect to wifi or connect a bluetooth device to your computer. there are PCI-E combo cards available that you can install in your PC that can do this but in the end it may be a better value buying a motherboard with those features already included.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS