[SOLVED] mother board comparable to tomahawk b450?

vainson

Reputable
Sep 10, 2018
so im looking to do a bit of upgrading, going from 5700 radeon card to 2070 super. not sure if my current motherboard is good for it tho [msi B450 gaming plus].
was going to get a tomahawk but notice there prices have spiked so....any motherboards comparable that havent spiked aswell? is my current motherboard ok?

Solution
You don't need a motherboard upgrade for a new GPU, your current one will work absolutely fine. You should check your PSU's capability as well as whether your CPU can handle the faster GPU or not. Also, the upgrade you are doing isn't really much of an upgrade at all - about a 20% faster GPU. I wouldn't suggest doing this upgrade, rather wait for RTX 3000 series and see what it has to offer instead.
You don't need a motherboard upgrade for a new GPU, your current one will work absolutely fine. You should check your PSU's capability as well as whether your CPU can handle the faster GPU or not. Also, the upgrade you are doing isn't really much of an upgrade at all - about a 20% faster GPU. I wouldn't suggest doing this upgrade, rather wait for RTX 3000 series and see what it has to offer instead.

Reactions: Tioym
Solution