Mother board compatibility

Jul 26, 2018
Hi ,
I want to know that whether intel DG31PR can support win 10and the highest processor it can support

Solution
If it's for Gaming, Windows 7 would be your best bet. While not ideal, do keep in mind you're running quite an old system with that kind of Motherboard and any modern Gaming isn't going to run very well, outside basic Esports titles at best. If you're doing general computing tasks you could look into Linux as it's free and while i'm far from a Linux expert, there are plenty of flavours around and many seem to run far better than Windows with lower spec hardware. If you're interested in this route i recommend having a look around online.

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
The highest CPU the Motherboard can support is a Core 2 Quad Q9650. As for Windows, Intel's website says the Motherboard isn't supported by Windows version beyond 8.1, 10 being one of those. Hope this helps! :)

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
If it's for Gaming, Windows 7 would be your best bet. While not ideal, do keep in mind you're running quite an old system with that kind of Motherboard and any modern Gaming isn't going to run very well, outside basic Esports titles at best. If you're doing general computing tasks you could look into Linux as it's free and while i'm far from a Linux expert, there are plenty of flavours around and many seem to run far better than Windows with lower spec hardware. If you're interested in this route i recommend having a look around online.

Solution