Mother board connections problem!

howareyou

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Hi Guys,

Just switched a mother board and components from a mini to mid tower so that I can incorporate a new graphics card. Swapped all components but having trouble working out where the panel connectors are supposed to go as this board doesn't seem to have conventional labelling such as HD LED, Reset, on/off. Also to stick the knife in further it is not colour coded in any way..

I am looking to connect the following available cables: HD LED, RESET SW, POWER SW and POWER LED, POWER LED +

Also I please find attached a photo of a couple spare sockets that could be possible locations, the board is from a Veriton M6620G Core i7 3770.

any help is MUCH APPRECIATED, thankyou in advance!!

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/l00k_uk/library/

Hi

The Veriton M6620G sems to be a Acer so goto Acer web site & find the motherboard user guide which should show you the locations of these connections.

Pictures of the motherboard are no use unless they show the motherboard make & model which may be different from PC model.

the yellow connector says USB 4 so not this one.

the exact connection location requires reading marking on motherboard or reading the user guide

regards

Mike Barnes

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Did you by any chance buy the motherboard used? or did you already have this motherboard but just swapping it to a larger case?

What I would is first take a flat head screw driver having everything plugged into your motherboard with the power switch on for your power supply and make connect with 2 pins at a time from where you have the black ones on the lower right hand side.

howareyou

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
That diagram doesnt seem to match the pins on my board as there is apin missing third along on bottom row? This board is from an existing computer i bought 4 months ago and am now updating.

howareyou

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Also the motherboard that is listed as being inside this model does not match up with what is described in the manual, it is meant to be a intel Q77 Express Chipset but i cannot find any that match this board.

Hi

One of the pictures has Front Panel. Printed on board next to pins
This is a good place to start if you can't find a model number printed on the board

Once you have found the on off pins you can try for power led had led & reset
Only led care about polarity

Warning to others take a photo before dismantling/ disconnecting motherboard wiring

Regards

Mike Barnes

howareyou

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Apologies, I took a couple of photos pre-dismantle and have highlighted the socket that appeared to be connected to from case. I have uploaded the photos.

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/l00k_uk/library/

Hi

You need to find the printed make & model on the motherboard so you can confirm exactly which motherboard you have and get correct user guide manual

I see one connector is for HD Audio which is the connector for headphone & microphone sockets on the front panel of PC

on the picture there seems to be a black 9/10 pin connector between the yellow plug and what looks like a USB cable to front panel USB socket which may match the picture above provided by eatmypie

regards
Mike Barnes