Mother board not supplying enough power?

wallybois

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
Bonjour
I am wanting to upgrade my current pc with a self build as I am now editing 4K but in the meantime I have started to upgrade my basic Acer ATC 605 H wlp. I have added a Sapphire RX550 and have 16gb of memory on it's way but today I have installed an 5 USB PCI andit fails to run. I scanned for new devices and it pops up saying not enough power to run the device. Is this a power supply problem or inadequacy of the msi ms-7869 ver 0.1? While I write this I am also having some trouble with the screen going off and on since installing the additional PCI Link to device=
http://
I plan to build my new machine after Christmas but want to keep this machine too.
Ryzen 7 1700 looks like good value or should i stick with Intel i7 even though it is pricey?

Regards Marc

InvalidError

Titan
Does your USB card have an on-board supplementary power connector? Many have a 4-pin or SATA power connector which is required to support high power USB devices. That may be what is complaining about not having enough power when you scan for devices.

When you say that your "display is turning off", do you mean that your PC shuts down or do you really mean only the monitor? If the whole PC shuts down, then that would really look like your PSU may be at the limit of what it can handle, which wouldn't be too surprising from a prebuilt PC.

wallybois

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
The Monitor just flashes off then on, I thought maybe the additional device was starving the video card as the GPU also draws it's power from the mb. The card came with no manual on the driver disk or paper. There is a black connecter possible sata and a pin type socket.

wallybois

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017

I don't think my psu has any extra cables