Question Mother board won't boot - black screen after CPU upgrade

Jan 9, 2020
Hi,
So here's my situation and I'm gonna be very specific.
I have a as rock ab350m motherboard and and a ryzen 5 2400g APU.
I added a gtx 1070ti GPU and updated my bios to the last version available currently which is p6.0.
I then decided to upgrade my CPU and bought a Ryzen 7 2700x which works just fine...Only not on my pc.... Nothing but a black screen, it wouldn't even boot... So I changed the HDMI cable from the motherboard to the GPU entry and it booted. FINALLY... The problem? CPU detected but not the GPU and whenever I put the old 2400g back, it takes hours before I am able to reuse my pc because the MB won't boot.

The solutions I found on the Internet always say that it must be a component malfunction or broken, cables not well connected, cpu fan in the wrong slot etc... Which none of them are my case. It seems to me that perhaps my MB does not "accept" my CPU.. So Is it possible that my motherboard is too old to support my CPU? Even though As rock says otherwise because if not the case then IDK what it could be.
Thanks for your help

Jan 9, 2020
I think I was pretty clear when I said that I don't have any problems with my CPU or my GPU since they work just fine on others PC. I just wanna know why not on mine and if that could a be a motherboard problem.