Motherboard 13 beeps now what?

hillmanant

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Solution
Sounds like a corrupt bios, is there an easyflash function on your board? I'd download the latest bios version onto a flashdrive and flash your board, possibly your overclock has blipped the bios, but its possible the chip, if not more is fried
Moto

hillmanant

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011

Manual says 13 beeps is "BIOS ROM image mismatch (file layout does not match image present in flash device)" I've found this on the internet too but just the description, not what do do about it I think I'm going to RMA the MoBo.

Sounds like a corrupt bios, is there an easyflash function on your board? I'd download the latest bios version onto a flashdrive and flash your board, possibly your overclock has blipped the bios, but its possible the chip, if not more is fried
Moto

Solution

hillmanant

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011

I can't even get to bios to flash it, no video output, no easy flash, RMA'd the board, the last board I buy from Biostar.

hillmanant

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011

I've never had much success with Biostar but I figured I'd give em' a go again, serves me right. I prefer ASUS MoBos but he didn't want to shell out the money, well now that the mobo had to be RMA'd he just returned it outright and got an ASUS. I didn't even know you could switch out the bios chip, handy bit of knowledge to hang onto, thanks.