Motherboard 3 Short Beeps On Start-Up

endtrax_zero

Honorable
Jun 20, 2018
Hi,

I have recently come across an issue on my PC where upon start-up, the Motherboard will emit 3 short beeps. I have checked the manual and the Asus Bio Beep Codes table to no avail. the PC itself is able to boot-up and run without issue regardless.

My Specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i5-8400
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 140 Air Flow + Cooler Master SickelFlow x2
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX H370F Gaming
Memory: Klevv Bolt DDR4 3000MHz 16GB CL15
Storage: WD Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" Hard Disk 7200RPM
Video Card: Asus STRIX-GTX1060-DC26G
Case: ThermalTake Versa H27 Tempered Glass Edition Mid-Tower Chassis
Power Supply: ThermalTake Toughpower Grand 750W Fully Modular

Can anyone advise if this is an Issue ?

Thank you.

Solution
There is no long beep before the three beeps correct?

Even though three beeps isn't specified on the ASUS list...I seemed to recall it had something to do with memory.....then I googled it and from what I read it seems to have to do with memory.

I would look in the BIOS and in Windows to make sure all my memory was accounted for. Maybe it's not.

Also....I would pull out the memory and inspect it ...and the slots...and perhaps try different configurations if you can.
There is no long beep before the three beeps correct?

Even though three beeps isn't specified on the ASUS list...I seemed to recall it had something to do with memory.....then I googled it and from what I read it seems to have to do with memory.

I would look in the BIOS and in Windows to make sure all my memory was accounted for. Maybe it's not.

Also....I would pull out the memory and inspect it ...and the slots...and perhaps try different configurations if you can.

Solution

endtrax_zero

Honorable
Jun 20, 2018
Hi Jay,

Yes, It is indeed just 3 Short Beeps. Will look into the steps you have advised and verify if it alleviates the Issue.

Thank you.

Update:
Did all of the advised actions and there were no abnormalities. It did seem to solve the Issue so Thank You !