Question Motherboard 4 pin cpu connector burnt?

Jan 28, 2021
Hello everyone. Recently my pc had been randomly shutting down for no reason. After some time looking for the cause of the problem I came to the culprit: The PSU's 4 pin cable was a bit melted. So I immediately ordered a better quality psu. The problem is that 2 of the cpu connector pins seem to be a bit blackened and I'm unsure whether I should connect the new psu to this motherboard. I've tested it with a spare one and it works fine so far, but I want to be completely sure before taking any risks. Here are some pics of the connector.
View: https://imgur.com/a/BOpXp2u

As you can see, the lower pins look shiny while the ones above seem opaque. Is this something to be worried about or should I continue using it like normal?

Jan 21, 2021
No matter its working or not
Point is
With passage of time it will ruin the mobo
you have time to backup ur data if you want
And
Its much better to replace motherboard timely!!

Jan 28, 2021
No matter its working or not
Point is
With passage of time it will ruin the mobo
you have time to backup ur data if you want
And
Its much better to replace motherboard timely!!
Do you think it may damage the rest of the components if I use it with the new psu for some time until I get a replacement? I live in a poor country and pc parts are quite expensive.

Jan 21, 2021
Do you think it may damage the rest of the components if I use it with the new psu for some time until I get a replacement? I live in a poor country and pc parts are quite expensive.

Exactly
Using faulted component could damage cpu, hard drive crash even psu or memory module.
Aur just take it to Some expert repairing center to find if its repairable or not
If yes get it repaired
If no!
Then Replace mobo according to ur budget and cpu compatibility

Reactions: JIV2327
Jan 28, 2021
Exactly
Using faulted component could damage cpu, hard drive crash even psu or memory module.
Aur just take it to Some expert repairing center to find if its repairable or not
If yes get it repaired
If no!
Then Replace mobo according to ur budget and cpu compatibility
Ok, good. Then I'll see to get a replacement for the motherboard too as soon as possible. Luckily everything else seems fine. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: dreamzerzz
Jan 28, 2021
Maybe you can continue using it with new psu, but no playing games or any type of programs that will require more power.
Well actually the random reboots issue began after long gaming sessions in a warm room. Maybe that combined with the crappy quality of the psu was the cause of the problem. I also noticed that the pc can remain on for hours with no problems, but at the moment you push it a little with either gaming or browsing it will turn off. I think I will simply replace the burnt connector and test if it works.

John Malik

Commendable
Dec 18, 2020
Well actually the random reboots issue began after long gaming sessions in a warm room. Maybe that combined with the crappy quality of the psu was the cause of the problem. I also noticed that the pc can remain on for hours with no problems, but at the moment you push it a little with either gaming or browsing it will turn off. I think I will simply replace the burnt connector and test if it works.
Do random reboots occur with new psu on burnt motherboard or with old psu?

Reactions: JIV2327
Jan 28, 2021
Do random reboots occur with new psu on burnt motherboard or with old psu?
They happened a lot with the old psu, I had to constantly remove and reseat the cable to make it work again only for it shut down after an hour or so. I have not tested the motherboard with the new psu for a long time or with heavy apps to tell, but so far I haven't had any problems with it yet. What I fear is that it might damage it over time.

Reactions: John Malik