motherboard and cpu and specs

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
so i have a M4A785-M and i was wondering how many fans i can fit in this motherboard? i am getting a corsair carbide air 240 and i have 3 120 mm fans and i think a 80-85 mm corsair fan if possible i would like all of them to go into the case. and will a wind force gtx 760 clear the case? and what cooler should i go with, would like a air cooler. and can you guys get me a cheap power supply that will support 8 gb ddr3 gtx 760 amd phenom ii x4 3.3 ghz and il get around 4 hdd and 2 ssd in the future. this will be greatly appreciated

I spot a 4 pin CPU fan header and a 3 pin chassis fan header.
TECHNICALLY, you could split each of those 3 ways and end up with 6 fans off the mobo.

What in the world do you need 4 hdds and 2 ssds for?

No reason your GPU won't fit in the case.

Country & budget for the PSU and CPU cooler?

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018

well the hdd and ssd was just a guess cause im using them for my other systems in the future. so im probally only using 2 hdd and one ssd but i can use a cpu fan and 4 other case fans?

The motherboard comes with a 4 pin CPU fan header and a 3 pin chassis fan header, so you can have 2 fans directly connected to the motherboard. If you use a splitter, you can connect 3 fans to the chassis header. Those fans should not exceed 0.2 Amp max draw. If you use a fan hub, then you could use more fans.

CPU cooler for a phenom II X4 ... Cooler Master 212 Evo is a popular low end cooler that is AM3 compatible. The Noctua NH-D14 is a popular highend solution ... plenty of coolers in between ... just make sure it is AM3 compatable.

I can't recommend cheap power supplies ... cheap power supplies are invitation for problems.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018

reviews have said a hyper 212 evo wont fit in a corsair air 240, cause that is what i was goind to get. If i remove the mount can i use a wraith stealth? if not what cooler should i use.

Yeah ... the first time I read your post I thought the corsair 240 was a fan ... opps.

I agree that the video card will easily fit without a radiator.

As far as I know, the wraith is compatible with AM3 and not a bad cooler. You could also consider:
https://smile.amazon.com/Noctua-NH-L9x65-Premium-Low-Profile-Cooler/dp/B00VB3Y89E
https://smile.amazon.com/quiet-BK002-Shadow-Rock-Cooler/dp/B00VGDN6F6

Solution

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018

yeah so apparently i got a 120 mm corsair fan and 3 phanteks 140 mm.

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
will you guys recomend me guys some atx cases? aswell as a cheap motherboard by gigabyte or asus, someone that is good quality? i want to do a ryzen build for a cheap price. i wanna run tom clancys rainbow six siege , fortnite and some other games. i have a gpu but its only 2 gb vram so if i need a new one il buy in the future. and i would like 16 gb of ram. and my budget is 500 700 max. will be apreciated. and i want to use the ethernet wall adaptor, are those anygood?

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
I dont have the case yet but i was going to buy it. i found 4 fans for free and that case only supports 1 of them. so thats why not that case. and i got some specs that i want for my pc, but its 800.
i have a 2 gb gpu but its older. i dont live near a microcenter. i was gonna get a rog strix but the pro version of this has built in wifi if i travel with it. and i dont just want a m.2 i want just a ssd and hard drive, thats it. il use that psu thanks for the code, and i got thermal paste and a usb stick for windows. i just need windows now, unactivated if possible. and i want to use this trident g skill on amazon with rgb. i have a wd blue 1 tb for 50 bucks and cs9000 pny for 24 so i got those already. and il use the gpu i have and that other one if there not to exspensive when they release. if so il just buy a radeon RX 580 8 gb card.