Question Motherboard and fan connection issue

csibson3

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Hi all, I'm currently moving my wife's hardware into a new case, which I've now decided to wait a bit with for a few reasons, which I'd love some advice on.

For starters it's a HP Elite desk 800 G1 SFF, so whilst buying a new case and only thinking if the motherboard will fit or not, I neglected to realise, that the PSU is for a SFF case ... rats !

I can fit it into this case, but it would be with only two screws on one side, so it might be rather loose, especially plugging and unplugging the power cable, is this safe?

Or should I wait a week and order an adapter that will allow it to mount inside an ATX case, they are like $10 from what I have seen, also are they good or bad any thoughts?

Ok problem two, the motherboard - HP 796108-001 - ( As far as I can tell this is the right number )

Here is a newegg link to the one I have:
https://www.newegg.com/p/2HK-0013-008E5

Now the whole reason I thought of buying a new case, was her graphics card was overheating like mad, she loves gaming and I watch her eyes water every time her screen goes black, because the card was baking like a potato, the only fans in this case are the CPU and PSU fans, so bigger case, more fans, great idea right ! no ..

I miss read the board and it actually only has one fan slot and that is for the CPU, are there any adapters that will allow me to say add one or two fans onto the CPU fan slot ?

Or perhaps somehow rig it up to the PSU .. although I can't see any more spare plugs on the PSU, which leaves cutting wires my only option there I guess .. not my favourite idea.

So any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance !

csibson3

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Actually been looking and found this :

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-...tter&qid=1565603044&s=electronics&sr=1-5&th=1

If I put that into the CPU FAN header, Could I in theory run the CPU fan + two case fans ?

I did just find another 3 pin slot on the motherboard also, labeled HSENSE, reading up on it, it seems like it was for an alarm fitting or something, but couldn't it technically run a fan ?

I mean there must be power going through it, the alarm has to be powered in some way right .. So maybe a fan will work there, or maybe it'll beep like mad and the wife will rage out and you'll never hear from me again lol