Motherboard and Fans RGB Connections

dontdoquack

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
Hello everyone,
so I was wondering for my new PC I'm going to build, I have 8 rgb fans from Thermaltake, (Riing Plus), and I wanted to know how the connections would work if would all connect them to the TT sync controller. Does the TT sync controller also take in the power AND rgb of the fans? or do I have to connect the rgb of the fans into the sync controller and connect the 8 fans to the motherboard, and does the Maximus Hero X have enough fan ports?

Solution
The Riing Plus fans only have one cable which takes care of BOTH power and lighting. So, if you are using the TT Sync Controller, you just plug the single cable of the Riing Plus fan into the controller.

The TT Sync Controller has a 3 + 3 + 3 ports (i.e., 3 ports on each of the 3 sides of the controller) for the RGB fans. This means you can plug in a total of 9 RGB fans. On each of the 3 sides of the controller, there is another port, a 4-pin port, labelled PWM. The controller includes three (3x) PWM cables in the pack. You would then plug these 3x PWM cables on the PWM ports on each of the 3 sides of the controller, then, plug the other ends of the cable into 3x available PWM headers on your motherboard (the Asus Maximus Hero X...
The Riing Plus fans only have one cable which takes care of BOTH power and lighting. So, if you are using the TT Sync Controller, you just plug the single cable of the Riing Plus fan into the controller.

The TT Sync Controller has a 3 + 3 + 3 ports (i.e., 3 ports on each of the 3 sides of the controller) for the RGB fans. This means you can plug in a total of 9 RGB fans. On each of the 3 sides of the controller, there is another port, a 4-pin port, labelled PWM. The controller includes three (3x) PWM cables in the pack. You would then plug these 3x PWM cables on the PWM ports on each of the 3 sides of the controller, then, plug the other ends of the cable into 3x available PWM headers on your motherboard (the Asus Maximus Hero X has a total of 8x PWM headers, so you'll only use 3x of those).

The remaining side of the controller has two ports: a SATA power port and a LED IN port. The SATA power port is where you will plug a SATA power connector from your PSU. The LED IN port is where you will plug the included signal bridge cable (the controller comes with two of these cables, one for Asus and one for Gigabyte). Obviously you will use the Asus signal bridge cable. Connect this cable to your 5V addressable header of your motherboard which is a 4-1 pin [5V/D/-/G] (for Asus). This signal cable is used if you want to synchronize the RGB lighting of your Riing fans with the Asus Sync Software alongside the other lighting effects of your board.

For more info: https://www.thermaltake.com/db/support/usermanual/_629b2a2235b141269b2e42f00fa8f2c7.pdf

Solution

dontdoquack

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018

Thank youuuuuuuu <3