Motherboard and GPU issues

Tyrone Blue

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016
My MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard recently stopped reading my evga 1070 ftw dt, and i don't know why. My 1070 works perfectly in another PC that isnt mine, but it refuses to even show video in my PC. the strange thing is, my 960 works perfectly in my PC! The BIOS doesnt even know i have a graphics card plugged in when i have my 1070 in there, but its detected immediately when i have my 960 in there. Any ideas of whats going on?

It stopped reading it after i turned off my computer, and went on vacation for about 4 days, coming back to it not being detected by the motherboard.

i have tried to re-seat everything in my PC, and it hasn't changed a thing. Strange that it works in another PC, and that my old card works in mine still.

Solution
Have you tried removing your CMOS battery for at least 15 minutes before replacing it? You may also want to see if the card is recognized in your lower slots. Speaking of slots, mind sharing your full system's specs inclusive of your OS? I'm assuming you're on the latest revision of Nvidia's graphics drivers or did you just drop in your GTZ1070 without using DDU to scrub the previous drivers?

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried removing your CMOS battery for at least 15 minutes before replacing it? You may also want to see if the card is recognized in your lower slots. Speaking of slots, mind sharing your full system's specs inclusive of your OS? I'm assuming you're on the latest revision of Nvidia's graphics drivers or did you just drop in your GTZ1070 without using DDU to scrub the previous drivers?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS