Question Motherboard and Powersupply No Video on Monitor

cr4ckerjax

Reputable
Jun 21, 2018
Hello. Hoping someone can help me with a small issue. I have a Intel DX58S0 Extreme series motherboard. I know this board is old, but couldn't pass it up for 25 bucks and it never has been used.was still sealed in the box. My power supply is the Corsair TX 650. My problem is I am not getting any video to my monitors . I know all hardware works .Everything comes on including all fans. My problem is getting power to the pice slot 2.0 x16 on this motherboard.

I'm not sure what cab.e or cables I need to use to power the pic express slot to have video. Not sure if my power supply even has the right cables for this . The areas on this board I am referring to according to Intels manual online would be letter C and letter B . C being pci express 2.0 16 secondary connector. B being what looks like it takes a sata cable maybe.
However I am uncertain what type of cables would actually be the right ones to connect to power the pixie slot or if my corsair tx 650 has the right cables. Anyone who can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Just trying to put something together for my 11 year old nephew till the 5950x makes it's debut in November.

cr4ckerjax

Reputable
Jun 21, 2018
Dx58s0 motherboard extreme series
Tx 650 corsair psu
Nvidias 480 gpu (femy) never opened this card till today
There are 4 mechanical hard drives in case
CD-ROM drive
Computer case is the antec 1200 series

As mentioned before everything works.Everything powers up. All fans spin. Including stock cooler on i7-970 processor. When system starts up green light on mono comes on showing power getting to board.Red cpu light doesn't come on indicating a cup issue. I have tried the components in another machine I have and they work. I watched a you tube tech video on this exact board and guy said in order to get power to the pice 2.0 16 slot it would require power power by way of sata or molex. That is where I'm stuck now.