Question Motherboard and psu

Nov 9, 2020
My friend was installing a pcie WiFi adapter into my computer whilst it was running (rookie mistake I know) and it hit the gpu and sparked gpu doesn’t work now it at least I think, I’ve bought a new motherboard and a psu and still the pc isn’t turning on. Both my psu worked with paper clip test. Neither of my motherboards LED will turn on but my case one will. Cannot turn it in any fashion none of the fans spin either.

Rx580 sapphire nitro+
Ryzen 1600
8gb ripjaw ddr4
Amd b450

My friend was installing a pcie WiFi adapter into my computer whilst it was running (rookie mistake I know) and it hit the gpu and sparked gpu doesn’t work now it at least I think, I’ve bought a new motherboard and a psu and still the pc isn’t turning on. Both my psu worked with paper clip test. Neither of my motherboards LED will turn on but my case one will. Cannot turn it in any fashion none of the fans spin either.

Rx580 sapphire nitro+
Ryzen 1600
8gb ripjaw ddr4
Amd b450
Paper clip test at best shows that PSU fan is working so it's not real test for it. It's most likely that your MB got damaged too. Only way is to test GPU and MB separately.

Nov 9, 2020
Paper clip test at best shows that PSU fan is working so it's not real test for it. It's most likely that your MB got damaged too. Only way is to test GPU and MB separately.
Yeah I’ve just bought a new mother board so I’ve ruled that out (this is after the whole thing happened) and a new psu today and nothing works still