[SOLVED] Motherboard and smoothie

Feb 25, 2020
So my wife got mad at me and long store short poured her smoothie into my pc. The pc was off and I havent turned it on for about 2 days could i clean it with isopropyl and then let it all dry and might work again ?

Solution
So my wife got mad at me and long store short poured her smoothie into my pc. The pc was off and I havent turned it on for about 2 days could i clean it with isopropyl and then let it all dry and might work again ?
Isopropyl probably won't help as much as just a warm water bath. I don't believe the alcohol dissolves sugars very well. Warm water (distilled from the store, pretty cheap in gallon bottles) with a drop or two of hypoallergenic (odor free/dye free) dishwashing liquid. Swish it around some and a soft brush might help but avoid the CPU socket if Intel. Repeat if necessary, then rinse in a clean water bath.

Dry in an oven heated to lowest-low, 170F ( 76C) is mine, for several hours. You can also blow-dry with a hair...
Feb 25, 2020
Yes was into power block. Was in morning ao was on all night before and then she dumped it and I unplugged everything quick and just left it in sadness....

Isopropyl probably won't help as much as just a warm water bath. I don't believe the alcohol dissolves sugars very well. Warm water (distilled from the store, pretty cheap in gallon bottles) with a drop or two of hypoallergenic (odor free/dye free) dishwashing liquid. Swish it around some and a soft brush might help but avoid the CPU socket if Intel. Repeat if necessary, then rinse in a clean water bath.

Dry in an oven heated to lowest-low, 170F ( 76C) is mine, for several hours. You can also blow-dry with a hair dryer, just don't linger in an area too long. Keep it moving.

And while at the store pick up some flowers for the wife. Just do it, I learned a long time ago, it doesn't matter who's at fault. When it gets that bad you suck up the pride in favor of peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuzzyhippy
Solution
Feb 25, 2020

Dry in an oven heated to lowest-low, 170F ( 76C) is mine, for several hours. You can also blow-dry with a hair dryer, just don't linger in an area too long. Keep it moving.

And while at the store pick up some flowers for the wife. Just do it, I learned a long time ago, it doesn't matter who's at fault. When it gets that bad you suck up the pride in favor of peace.
Thank you sir I will try this. Whooping it's not too bad the graphics card got some too but only the one side. Hoping. And I mean if it doesnt work. I get a new pc haha. Cuz good tip my friend but she be getting me flowers. But thank you for the help my man.