MotherBoard and Windows?

Cemron

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I am planning on upgrading my PC after the summer, this would mean: CPU, Motherboard and RAM.

On my current PC I already have a fresh copy of windows 10, I've heard that if you replace your motherboard, you may need to get a new copy of windows on it as well, is this true?

If so, what sort of steps would I need to take to get a new copy of windows for installation without re-paying.

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
That is sometimes true, yes. Windows is funny that way, sometimes it will reactivate and sometimes it won't. But if it turns out it doesn't, try to reactivate, call the number they provide and they will read you a code that you put in that will reactivate it. It's usually pretty simple that way doing it over the phone.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

thejackal85

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
That is sometimes true, yes. Windows is funny that way, sometimes it will reactivate and sometimes it won't. But if it turns out it doesn't, try to reactivate, call the number they provide and they will read you a code that you put in that will reactivate it. It's usually pretty simple that way doing it over the phone.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Solution