[SOLVED] Motherboard argb headers issue

w1418826

Honorable
Mar 25, 2015
Hey so I have a gigabyte b450 aurous pro wifi board. It has 2 argb headers (the 5v). I have 6 rgb fans and one aio with rgb on the pump. The amps for the fans is 0.55a, I dont know how many amps the aio draws, but according to my manual for the motherboard these argb header only support 2.0amps? Which is odd because it says or up to like 500 leds.. how or what can I do to get everything wired correctly? I can leave one of the fans rgb unplugged if needed..

The aio is a deepcool castle 240ex. The fans are coolermaster mf120 halos. And again the mb is a gigabyte arous b450 pro wifi. Thanks guys

Solution
Is there much of a limit to how many fans should attach to a controller
six fans daisy chained to a single hub 3pin header should work,
but that may depend on the quality of the hub.
I was under the impression I could use coolermaster software to customize the leds but not possible with the cheapo controllers they include
most of the better LED hubs out there have a separate "out" cable that leads to a motherboard header that would allow syncing all of the connected LEDs with control software.

w1418826

Honorable
Mar 25, 2015
that's how many LED hubs work.
they get an RGB\aRGB signal from an external controller or motherboard header
and get their power from a SATA or other connection.
Yea my confusion was stemming from the fact I was under the impression I could use coolermaster software to customize the leds but not possible with the cheapo controllers they include. I purchased another slightly better controller that actually connects to the mb via usb. Is there much of a limit to how many fans should attach to a controller as I'm going to be daisychaining 6 of them into one controller. With my understanding any hub that draws power from Sata can handle a case full of fan leds, yes?

Is there much of a limit to how many fans should attach to a controller
I was under the impression I could use coolermaster software to customize the leds but not possible with the cheapo controllers they include
most of the better LED hubs out there have a separate "out" cable that leads to a motherboard header that would allow syncing all of the connected LEDs with control software.

Solution

w1418826

Honorable
Mar 25, 2015
I wanted to use coolermaster masterplus software because it allows you to control each individual led. I don't mind using that as well as rgb fusion for everything else.. as long as can power all the leds on the 6 fans with this controller I have coming I'll be satisfied. I have no clue why but coolermaster doesnt include a usb header cable with this controller which it needs. Kind of odd

TRENDING THREADS